Chapter 31

The next couple of weeks were happy and blissful for both Kaia and Marian.

Zayn and Harry had paid the rent on the girls apartment through the end of the year and they both caught hell for it.

The guys tried to explain that then they wouldn't have to work so many jobs and they could spend a lot of time together. While Kaia and Marian both wanted that they still were slightly miffed about it.

But it wasn't like they spent a lot of time at the apartment anyway.

Harry surprised Marian by having her stay at his house and Zayn surprised Kaia by renting the beach house for three months.

He knew how much she loved it and had even taken steps to possibly purchasing it. But he knew she would scold him for it. So he did keep his plans a secret.

Kaia and Marian did a lot of lunches together without the guys. But they knew they were close as a few times when they would be having lunch, there was a mob of paparazzi which was sometimes followed by the high pitched screams of fans. They hated to admit it, but in the beginning both Kaia and Marian were a bit jealous. But at the same time, they were happy to remain in their safe little bubble. And they were happy that they knew they would always come home to them.

Kaia and Zayn spent many hours sitting on the beach. She would read and he would sketch. They spent countless hours just talking as well.

They took long drives and just enjoyed being together.

Zayn didn't bring up her going on tour with him. Even though it hurt that she had said no. He didn't push it or press her to change her mind. He still did understand her reasons. He hoped in time before he and the rest of the boys began the promoting for the new album she would change her mind.

At times though, he noticed that she would sometimes appear distant from him. He would ask her if there was anything wrong and she would always tell him no. And it was always with a smile. He could feel it in his gut though that something was bothering her. He knew things wouldn't always be perfect with them, and he hoped to figure things out before it escalated into something big.

Harry went looking for Marian. He loved having her at his house. And he was about to surprise her with something and hoped it wouldn't scare her off. But he knew she was going to be pissed as hell at him.

"Marian?" He called out. "Love where are you?"

Marian heard Harry calling her name.

"In the kitchen." She was trying to figure out what to make for dinner. She was so thankful to him for the privacy he had offered to them as a couple. They stayed home a lot. Usually cooked at home or had Kaia and Zayn over for take out and movies or games.

They enjoyed spending the time together as friends and getting to know each other even better. They shared secrets that no one else knew and that they knew would go no further than their ears.

They had yet to go out in public together. She had told him she was somewhat terrified of what would happen once they were photographed together. She knew it was coming. It was inevitable. One just couldn't 'not' be seen with Harry Styles and not be photographed. And Marian knew the backlash she would get on social media. The backlash that both her and Kaia would get. They were fans. They knew how it worked. Marian and Harry had many long conversations about it and he tried to put her mind at ease, but it wasn't easy.