Chapter 61

Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves at the reception.  After dinner when everyone was just kind of milling around waiting for the music to start, Kaia got up and went to the small band stand that was set up and took one of the mics.

    "Instead of doing a speech which can make everyone fall asleep," she said.  "I have something else in mind.  Guys," she said.  Louis, Liam and Niall and the band joined her on the stage.

    Marian looked at Harry and Zayn.  "What's going on?" she asked.

    "I have no idea," Harry said and turned to Zayn.  "Do you?"

    Zayn shook his head.  "Not a clue."  He turned back to see the four of them on stage huddled together.  He was even more surprised when he saw Kaia approach the mic again and she had in ears in.  What was she doing?

    "Okay, one small speech," Kaia said with a  grin.  "There is nothing that I can give the two of you because you have what matters the most.  Each other.  So along with a little help, this is my gift to you," she said and blew Harry and Marian a kiss.

    The band began to play 'From This Moment' with Kaia belting out the lyrics in perfect pitch.  Liam took the lead with her and Niall and Louis sung the harmonies.

    Marian, Harry and Zayn sat there totally stunned.  All of them quite in shock.  "She can sing?" Zayn asked out loud.

    Marian was completely stunned.  "I had no idea," she said to the both of them.  She smiled when she saw how happy Kaia seemed to be up there singing.  She had a beautiful voice and the lyrics of the song meant so much.  She held Harry's hand and hummed along to the song.

    After they were finished, they were greeted with a loud roar of applause.  Kaia felt her face turn bright red.

    "And you were worried," Louis whispered to her.

    "I'm still worried," she said as her eyes focused on the person that mattered to her the most.

    "Ready for the next one?" Liam asked with a grin.

    Kaia nodded and kissed Liam on the cheek.  Niall winked at her and the strains of 'You & I' started with Kaia singing Zayn's parts and hitting every one of the high notes.

    "Damn," Harry said.

    Zayn got up and went to the bar.  He couldn't believe what she was doing.  Part of him was a little irritated that she had hid this from him as well.  But as he continued to listen to her sing, the sound of her voice covered him like a warm blanket.  He turned back to watch her and his heart swelled with so much love and pride for her.  He drank down his beer and returned to his seat at the table.

    Kaia had seen Zayn get up and walk away from the table and her heart dropped.  But then she saw him go back and his eyes never left hers.  And when he smiled at her, it was genuine.

    Kaia and the guys sang a few more upbeat songs and people even got up to dance.

    "Okay," Kaia said after they had finished.  "This will be the last song that I ever sing in public and I want to dedicate it to the person that I never want to lose."

    She began to sing 'I Want You To Need Me'.

    Marian turned her head to look at Zayn who's only attention was focused on Kaia.  Marian smiled and she knew that they would be alright.

    When Kaia finished her song, there was a brief moment of silence before the whole tent exploded with applause and cheers.  Louis, Liam and Niall kissed her on her cheeks and told her what a fantastic job she had done.