Chapter 50

Harry sat in his car outside of Gemma's flat. The rain poured down as the sky lit up with lightning. He could see that there were still lights on. He wondered if he should even go and try talking to Marian.

He pulled out his phone and texted his sister.

Is she still there?

It was several minutes before he got a reply.

She is but she's sleeping. Harry, you have a lot of balls for doing what you did! I can't believe you would accuse her of cheating on you!

Can I come up?

I don't know if that's such a good idea.

Please Gemma. I just need to see her.

It was several more minutes before Gemma texted him back again.

I suppose. But be quiet.

Harry waited for a while before getting out of his car and going inside. His head was throbbing as he rode the lift up to Gemma's flat. He didn't even have to knock as she flung the door open when he stood on the threshold.

"What in the hell were you thinking?" Gemma yelled at him as she pulled him inside. She took a hold of his wet shirt sleeve and dragged him to the kitchen which was on the opposite side of the flat, away from the bedrooms.

Harry sat down at the breakfast bar and buried his face in his hands. "I don't know Gem. I don't know what I was thinking."

Gemma heated the kettle to make some tea. "Well, apparently you weren't thinking!" she hissed. She tried to be quiet in getting out the mugs and the tea but she was so angry with her brother. She finished making the tea and set one of the hot steaming mugs in front of him. She took a good look at him and saw that he was truly tore up about this and a complete mess.

Gemma saw his black eye. "Did Louis do that?" she asked.

"Yes," he said.

"Good, you're lucky I don't blacken the other one!"

Harry looked up at his sister. "What did she say to you?" he asked.

Gemma sat down across from him. "That you accused her of cheating on you. With Louis of all people," she said in a huff. "Louis is your friend and he's her friend too!"

Harry opened his mouth to speak but was promptly cut off by his sister.

"My God Harry!" Gemma said. "Do you not realize how much Marian loves you. That she would do bloody anything for you! She left her life in the States just to be with you!"

Harry wrapped his hands around the hot mug of tea. His heart ached. He was so ashamed of how he had acted and the things that he had said, not only to Marian, but to Louis as well.

"How did Louis know where she was?" he asked, not looking up.

"She called him when she got here to let him know because she forgot her phone at your place." Gemma said. She looked at her brother and saw how defeated he looked. "Louis is her friend Harry. Nothing more."

"Gem I screwed up so bad," he said as his eyes filled with tears. He couldn't believe how much he had hurt the one person that loved him so much. His forever.

"Yeah you did," Gemma said.

They were silent for a few minutes. The storm that was raging outside was nothing compared to the storm that was raging in Harry's heart.

"I'm going to stay with Gemma for a few days," Marian said as she stood behind Harry.

Harry spun around and rushed to her but she took a step back. "Marian, I'm so sorry....love, please....." he begged her. "Please come home."