Chapter 54

Over the next few weeks, Kaia made sure that she and Zayn were 'seen' out and about.

Not just going out to dinner, but doing things together as a couple. Going on dates to museums, walking in the parks. shopping. Spending time with his family. She hated to play dirty, but she wanted Perrie to get the hint.

Kaia wanted Perrie to see that Zayn was happy. That she made him happy. Their pictures were in the papers almost daily. And she knew that Perrie saw them.

She still got the occasional texts from her apologizing. But Kaia knew better. She knew that yes, Perrie was eternally regretful over what had happened with Zayn's cousin, and she knew that she still wanted Zayn back. But that wasn't going to happen. Ever!

Kaia sent Perrie one final text and then blocked her number.

I will never give him up. No matter how many times you apologize. You can't change what happened in the past. It's done and it's over with. You don't get it. He saved me. He saved my soul. I was so lost and for that reason alone, I will never give him up. You need to let go of what you will never have again. He is my compass. We were led to each other because of that. He is my heart and he is my soul. And I love him more than I thought humanly possible.

Kaia and Marian hadn't spoken, or even texted each other in weeks.

Zayn would ask Kaia if they were ever going to make up and Harry did the same of Marian.

Three weeks before the tour was scheduled to begin, Niall invited everyone over to his house.

Everyone could just sense the tension at the barbeque. It was so thick you could practically cut it with a knife.

Even though things were settled with Harry, Marian and Louis, the feeling in the air was that things still weren't okay with Kaia and Marian.

They still hadn't sat down to talk, although they had been given many opportunities. They avoided each other like the plague.

"Would you just go talk to her Kaia," Zayn said as he watched them glare daggers at each other from across the room.

"Not on your life," Kaia said. "She's had every opportunity to apologize to me and she still hasn't."

"Don't you think you both need to apologize for how you've been acting?" he said. "You're both stubborn and hard headed."

Kaia arched an eyebrow at him. "Just whose side are you on?"

Zayn bent down and kissed her cheek. "I'm always on yours," he said. "Now be a good girl and play nice. I'm going to see if Niall needs any help."

Kaia turned and went the other way and went to go talk to Sophia.

Marian stood with Harry as she watched Kaia. Her blood continued to boil.

It had been weeks since their public fight and she was still mad. What made her even madder was what Harry had told her one night.

Not so much the fact that Kaia went behind Zayn's back literally about talking to Perrie, but the fact that she didn't even have the audacity to come and talk to her about it. They were supposed to be best friends. Sisters. But she sure as hell wasn't acting like it.

"You're going to burn a hole through her dress if you keep glaring like that," Harry whispered to her as he handed her a drink.

"I don't care," she snapped.
"Love," Harry started.

"Don't love me Harry." She said as she continued to watch Kaia.

"I think we need to put the two of you in a locked padded room and just let you go at it."