Chapter 47

"You're Kaia," Perrie said with a small smile. "I've seen your picture in the papers. You're much prettier in person."

Kaia took a step back. Her heart was racing like a freight train.

She didn't know if she should run or if she could even talk to the woman that broke Zayn's heart.

Kaia could hear commotion and voices behind her and she knew the paparazzi wasn't far behind.

She swore under her breath and looked back at Perrie.

"I.....I have to go," she said.

Perrie reached out and gently took a hold of Kaia's arm. "Kaia, can we talk?" she asked. "Please."

Kaia's hair literally felt like it was standing up on the back of her neck. She felt sick to her stomach.

"Perrie, I'm not so sure if that's a good idea."

Perrie looked over Kaia's shoulder and could see the paps getting closer. She quickly pulled Kaia into the shop that she had just come out of and together they hid behind a clothing rack and watched as the paparazzi ran past.

On the hunt for Kaia. And if they were seen together, then the paps would have an absolute field day.

Perrie saw that Kaia had her phone in her hand and she took it. She added her number to the contact list but only put a 'P' in the name. "Please Kaia," she said handing the phone back before exiting the shop.

Kaia stood in disbelief as she watched Perrie leave. Never did she think they would ever meet. She was stunned.

She glanced down at her phone and began to wonder if she should even contact her.

This woman tore Zayn's heart apart. What did she have to say that would make Kaia feel any different about her? Why should she even give her a chance to talk?

With a heavy sigh, she left the shop and found herself surrounded by photographers.

'Kaia over here'

'Kaia give us a smile'

'Are you and Marian still friends?'

'Aren't you old enough to his mother?'

She glared at them. "Bugger off you wankers," she swore and then looked to hail a cab.

As she got in, the flashbulbs continued to go off. Nearly blinding her.

She put on her sunglasses and began to ponder her fight with Marian and running into Perrie. It was almost too much and her head hurt.

When she got to Zayn's house, she saw that he wasn't home yet, to which she was slightly grateful.

She just wanted to be alone at the moment. She took a long shower and crawled into bed.

Her head still pounding and knew that the stress of the day was turning her headache into a full blown migraine.

She closed her eyes in hopes she would fall asleep and the pain would go away.

Zayn entered the house and noticed that it was relatively quiet. He saw Kaia's purse on the kitchen counter so he knew she was home.

"Kaia?" he called out but didn't receive an answer.

He looked in every room and then found her under the covers in their bedroom.

He sat down on the bed next to her. "Love, are you alright?" he asked.

Kaia slowly opened her eyes. "Zayn?" she said, her voice scratchy and hoarse.