Chapter 41

They all sat around the large bonfire. Making smores, laughing and just talking. Not even talking about what had happened with the paps earlier. Harry sat and held Marian from behind and Zayn and Kaia sat similar.

Doniya had asked Kaia if it was alright if she posted some of her pictures on Twitter and she agreed. She thanked her for asking first. Kaia began to feel very close to Doniya in the short time that she had known her. She knew how protective she was of Zayn and that made her love her even more.

She knew it wasn't going to be an easy next couple of days or weeks for that matter as she was sure both her and Marian's Twitter were going to be infiltrated with requests. But there was no turning back now. She was in love with Zayn, and she was now part of his world. Just as Marian was with Harry. Kaia was still also unsure about going to London with him. Yes the paps here in the US were at times crazy, but she wasn't an idiot, she had seen plenty of rags from the UK and what they printed and how aggressive things could be there.

Gemma sat and watched Harry and Marian and she could tell that Marian was genuinely upset over what had happened earlier. And she felt really bad. She got up and walked up to her.

"Marian, let's go inside and get some more beverages," she said with a smile and held out her hand.

Marian turned and kissed Harry on the cheek and then took Gemma's extended hand and walked into the beach house with her. As Marian looked in the fridge, she could feel Gemma watching her.

"You didn't just ask me to come inside to get drinks did you?" she asked as she turned around.

Gemma shook her head and smiled. "No, it was just a cover," she said and glanced at her now empty beer bottle. "Well, not a total cover," she said with a laugh.

Marian handed her another beer and then sat down at the counter. "What's on your mind?"

Gemma looked at her. "I know today bothered you and I'm sorry."

Marian arched an eyebrow at her. "Why are you sorry Gemma?" she asked. "You don't control how those idiots act."

"No, but you can't be a hard ass all the time," she said with a smirk. "I see how strong you are for Kaia and how you try to not let things bother you. Especially in front of Harry. But Marian, it's okay to be vulnerable. We all are."

Marian let out the breath that she had been holding. "I hate feeling like that," she said quietly. Gemma had nailed her on the head. It almost freaked her out that she could read her so easily.

"When One Direction first started, it was awful. They wanted to know everything about everyone's family. Who we were, what we did." Gemma said with a heavy sigh. "And while I love that he's living his dream, it does come with a price."

Marian took a long drink of her beer.

"When I was at university, they followed me around constantly. People that I thought were my friends, only wanted to be friends with me because of who my brother was."

Marian could see the slight twinge in Gemma's face as she spoke and her heart broke for her at the betrayal of so called friends.

"But then I realized that I did have true friends in this. People that know me and that don't care if my brother is Harry Styles," she said with a smile.

Marian arched an eyebrow at her. What was she saying?

Gemma reached over and squeezed Marian's hand. "My point is, I can see how much you truly love my brother and that you don't care if he is Harry Styles from One Direction. You love him for him. Not his celebrity status. I've seen a change in him like I never have before. He loves you Marian. You're diff...."