Chapter 25

Zayn had to jump back from the projectile that suddenly was aimed at his feet. Harry stepped to the side.

Kaia looked up at the both of them. “I'm dreaming, this isn't real,” she said and she felt her stomach heaving again. She slammed the door and turned and ran to the bathroom. Shouting at Marian as she did.

“Marian answer the fucking door!” She burst into the bathroom and proceeded to finish emptying the contents of her stomach.

Zayn and Harry looked at each other after Kaia slammed the door in their faces.

“Well, that went well,” Harry said as he stepped over the puddle of vomit and opened the door.

Once inside they both couldn't contain their laughter as they saw the living room in disarray and Marian upside down, asleep and snoring in the a recliner.

“I think she went that way,” Harry said as they could both hear Kaia. “I'll take care of this one,” he said.

Zayn went down a small hallway and came to a closed door. He could hear Kaia inside. He gently knocked. “Kaia?”

“Go away!” she said. She couldn't believe he was there. She couldn't believe she had practically puked on his feet. She was about to have a nervous breakdown.

“Love I'm coming in,” he said and slowly opened the door. He saw her hunched over the toilet. He went to her side and held her hair while she threw up again.

“Oh God, I think I'm dying,” she said. “Wait, I'm dead aren't I?” she asked and stood up and rinsed her face and brushed her teeth. She did feel better but her head was still pounding. She took the towel that Zayn gave to her. Holding it in front of her face, she looked at him.

Kaia looked at him in disbelief. "You're not really here. I am so hungover I'm imagining and wishing you were here."

"No Kaia, I'm really here."

Kaia's feelings at the moment went from disbelief to anger. She threw the towel at him. Why would he do this to her?

"You're supposed to be in London. You're not supposed to be in L.A!"

"We decided we couldn't leave yet."

"When did you decide this?" She asked. She was almost afraid of the answer.

️ Zayn dreaded telling her but he would never lie to her. "Harry and I decided before we went to dinner the other night. We made some calls and....."

"So you let me believe I was saying goodbye and I cried practically every tear I had and yet you and Harry knew you weren't leaving!" She yelled at him.

"Kaia, I'm sorry. Maybe we should've told you." He said. He wasn't sure if he should be scared or not. Would she kick him out? Would she hate him?

"You of all people, after what I told you, know how I feel when people leave!" She said. Still angry.

Part of her wanted to hit him and part of her wanted to hug him.

"I'm sorry love," he said gently.