Chapter 56

Zayn headed back to Harry and Marian's. He let himself inside and heard noises from the bedroom. He smirked and made his way to the kitchen and made himself something to eat.

"Jesus Christ!" Harry yelled when he saw Zayn sitting at the dining room table. "Have you ever heard of a doorbell?"

Zayn just smirked and continued eating.

"Marian!" Harry yelled.

"Harry wait," Zayn said. "I think we need to talk."

Harry turned back to his friend and sat down at the table.

"First of all I need to apologize to you," Zayn said. "I know that you really had no idea that Kaia didn't tell me," he said. "It's her nature to keep things hidden from those that care the most about her. It's something I'm learning the hard way about her. So I'm not mad at you Haz."

Harry arched an eyebrow and then began to relax a little bit. "I truly didn't know that you didn't know Zayn," he said. "I thought she felt a little more secure about the two of you to tell you something like that."

Zayn leaned back in his chair. "Apparently not," he said sadly.

"What are you going to do?" Harry asked.

"I don't know," he said in all honesty.

"Did you talk to Perrie?" Harry asked.

Marian had heard Harry's shout and had been eavesdropping on their conversation. She figured now would be a good time to make her presence known. She made her way into the dining room and sat in Harry's lap.

"Did you?" she asked giving Zayn a stern look.

"I did."

"And?"

Zayn pushed his plate away and stood up and went to look out a window. "She admitted she wanted me back and that she met with Kaia to see if it would scare her away."

Marian glanced at Harry.

"And you were right Marian," Zayn said turning back to face them. "They were both jealous of each other, and I think Kaia did get scared."

Marian smirked a little, but she could still see the pain and turmoil that Zayn was in. "I think Kaia is scared of her own shadow sometimes."

Zayn merely nodded. "I wish I was enough for her," he said sadly.

Marian got off of Harry's lap and went to her friends side. She gently squeezed his arm. "You are enough for her Zayn," she said. "What are you going to do now?"

"I think I need some time away for a bit before...." he began to say and then glanced at Harry who was shaking his head.

"Before what?" Marian asked.

"Before we head out on tour. I think I'm going to go to mum's for a bit."

"What about Kaia?" Harry asked.

Zayn didn't respond. He hugged Marian and kissed her cheek. "Thanks for everything Marian, you're the best."

Marian smiled and hugged him back. "I try. Call me alright?"

"I will."

Zayn made his way to Harry and hugged him as well. "I almost blew it," he whispered in Harry's ear.

Harry glanced at Marian who was watching them. "I'd have to kill you if you did," he said with a laugh.

They pulled away and Harry smiled. "Don't let her go Zayn," he said. "She needs you and you need her."