Chapter 53

Harry didn't immediately go to his mum's. He figured it was better to give Marian some time to calm the emotions down.

For himself as well. He did text Anne to tell her that he knew where Marian was, but that he wasn't going to come in guns blazing.

That wouldn't be fair to either one of them. He had hurt her badly and he didn't know if she would forgive him.

Harry knocked on the door and was surprised that it didn't get slammed in his face.

"Here to accuse me of something I didn't do again?" Louis asked.

Harry shook his head. "No," he said. "Can I come in?"

Louis stepped back and held the door open wider to allow Harry to walk inside.

Harry shoved his hands in his coat pockets and sat down on the couch.

Louis shut the door behind him and went to sit down on the couch as well. He picked up his game controller and kept on playing his soccer game. "Say what you came to say Harry," he said not looking at him.

"Lou, you must really hate me."

"I don't hate you Harry," Louis said. "I just hate how you acted. Like a complete ass! How could you do that do her?" he asked angrily as he clenched his controller.

"I don't know," he said quietly. He pulled his hands out of his pockets and ran his fingers through his hair. "God this is killing me."

"What?" Louis asked. "That you're still an ass?"

Harry couldn't help but smirk at the comment. "No, that I've never in my entire life felt like this about someone before. All the others, none of them got me. She gets me. I have someone in my life that makes me feel whole. Complete!" He said standing up and began to pace. "And that....."

"You may have fucked everything up?"

"I hate it when you're right."

"Yeah, but I tell you like it is Harry." Louis said pausing his game and turned to look at his friend. "You hurt her. You hurt her badly."

"I know."

"You hurt me by thinking that I would ever do that to you!" Louis said. "That's ugly Harry!"

"I know."

"Marian and I are nothing more than friends Haz. I truly consider her one of my very best friends. Just as you are one of my very best friends," Louis went on. "I can talk to her like I can talk to you. I can talk to her about anything! And she loves you so much Harry! She is smart, she is beautiful, she is intelligent."

"I know." Harry could see how angry Louis was and it hurt him that he had hurt his brother like that.

"And I swear to God Harry," Louis said in all seriousness. "If you ever hurt her like you did again, I will blacken your other eye and I will step in. Don't think I won't."

Harry looked at Louis and saw that he was dead serious.

"I mean it," Louis said. "I'll admit I have feelings for her, deeper than I probably should, but she is yours, and I would never cross that line."

Harry continued to look at his brother. Louis never said anything he didn't mean.

"You better do right by her Harry. I swear if you don't....."

"I will," he said. "I am truly sorry Lou. You don't know how much."

Louis hugged his brother. "Don't forget she has my number on speed dial," he said with a smirk.