Chapter 30 (Mature Content)

The limo that carried Zayn and Kaia didn't travel very far. She sat up from his lap when it stopped.

“Where are we?” she asked as the driver opened the door for them.

Zayn got out and took her hand, pulling her close to him. He turned her to the house that stood in front of them. There was low lighting and they could hear the waves of the ocean crashing on the beach.

“Someplace I hope you'll love,” he said softly. He tipped her face towards his and kissed her deeply.

“Zayn,” she moaned against his lips.

He slowly pulled back and look deep into her eyes. “I want to give you the world Kaia.”

Kaia swallowed the lump that had formed in her throat. The deep intensity of his stare was almost too much to bear.

“Come on,” he said and took her hand in his and led her to the front door.

Once inside, Kaia couldn't contain the gasp that left her lips. The entire house was lit by candlelight and the doors leading to the deck were open. Tiki torches lit the outside. The only sounds they heard were the continuous crashing of the waves. Zayn didn't let go of her hand as he led her out to the deck. Kaia continued to look around in amazement. Even though it was dark, she could tell that this house and the beach in front of them were beautiful.

Zayn left her briefly as he went to open the bottle of champagne that was there. He poured two glasses and handed her one. He gently touched his glass to hers.

“What are we drinking to?” she asked. She was a bundle of nervousness on the inside. He still made her get butterflies in her stomach as if it was the first time she was seeing him.

“To us. To not having to say good-bye. To you.” He said.

Kaia felt her eyes well with tears. She was so trying to keep her emotions in check. “To me?” she asked. “Why would you want to toast to me?”

“Because you are just you Kaia. You are the one that makes me feel alive. You are the one that makes me feel like someone normal. I know I've told you before when we were in Montana, but you make me feel like plain Zayn Malik. Not Zayn Malik, pop star. You make me love the non crazy world of One Direction, and you have no idea how special you are.”

Kaia couldn't stop the tears that fell down her cheeks. Nor did she want to.

Zayn reached up and wiped the tears away with his thumbs. “Love, don't cry,” he said.

Kaia quickly drained the champagne from her glass and set it down. She then took her hands and held onto his. Now it was her turn to look deeply into his eyes.

“I never expected this,” she said. “Any of this. And I never expected in a million years that I would ever meet you. Let alone have anything like this with you.” She inhaled and let out her breath long and slow. “You saw me at one of my darkest hours and you were there to pull me through it. Just as you didn't abandon me Zayn, I will never abandon you.”