Chapter-21

Mary woke up Catherine and gave her vegetable soup. Catherine was happily drinking the soup when Mary angrily stared at Elsa and spoke, "How can I forget that rainy day when Elsa was 7 months pregnant already. I told her John was not showing any willingness to marry her but this girl never understood the sign. She insisted him so much that finally he agreed to marry. After marriage John and Elsa came home. I was not home. I had gone out to buy groceries." Mary's voice choked. She was not able to say anything further. Her face turned blue and she disappeared from there. Catherine was really scared. Elsa calmed her down and said, "Sorry Cathy but we ghosts can't cry in front of humans. When we want to cry aloud we just disappear. I still feel sad of giving so much pains to my beloved Mary mom." 

Then she continued narrating the story," I was really excited that day. Finally I was married to the love of my life. I and John sat on the sofa and I told him how excited I was but his face showed no signs of happiness. He held my hand and said, "Elsa! I love you so much and I know you can do anything for me." I said, "Anything for you my love." He cleared his throat and then spoke, "I want to spend our night here in this villa." I was so happy. My face immediately had a glow. He then added, "You need not worry. I've fixed the deal for $100 million. With the money we can buy a reasonable house in the city and live happily there." I did not understand what he said and told him to speak clearly. He said, "Elsa! Don't be silly. You know well I am talking about the sale of this villa and the forest. We can't live here in this forest far away from the world nor we could leave your Mary mom alone here. And if we take your Mary mom with us I can't afford it. We live in a slum made of straw and sticks. I have a younger brother 13 years younger to me. I want him to get educated. Also my mom is dying of leukaemia. She is in the last stage and I need lots of money to save her. Please cooperate with me." I was shocked. I denied him to sell our ancestors property and we had a heated argument. Finally he showed his true colours. He said, "Let's get a divorce. I am sorry but I never fell in love with you. I started dating you just because my master paid me hardly any money for working so hard and you paid me $60 per hour for doing nothing. I never had any attraction for you but I got you pregnant only for the reason that you don't break up with me. You are too young and immature for me. All I need is just money and not you. I am sorry but let's split as early as possible. I need the money you will pay in compensation for cheating me as early as possible." I was so angry that I gave him a tight slap. Did I cheat him or did he cheat me? On getting the slap he just pulled my hair and started scratching my face. After that he gave me a few slaps and pushed me on the floor. His intention might or might not be of killing me but I accidently hit my head on the wooden showcase and died on the spot. He buried my body somewhere and took all my jewels, every single show piece and even a few gold coins which were in my purse. And sadly he even took out the engagement ring of my finger. I did not want to die so early. He simply just crushed my stomach and my baby with spade so that he would be able to easily remove the platinum belt which I wore for my marriage. It pains! It really pains. Even though you are dead, paying disrespect to the dead body hurts the soul."

That's when Mary came back and continued, "He was about to run out when I caught him. His clothes were covered in blood stains. I asked him about Elsa's whereabouts when he took out a pair of forceps from his back pocket and inserted in my eyes. He did that 5 times. I fell on the floor. He quickly took all the money from my purse, the grocery bag that I had brought and said, "Idiot mom! Idiot daughter! Thank god I killed her. This old lady is also sure to die today of pain, thirst and hunger." And he fled from there. I thought I will die but my daughter's pure soul took care of me all these years until one day when I accidentally walked out of the villa to this cottage. I wasn't able to find the way out so was waiting here for my death for 10 long days. I was crying in thirst. That's when a noble man came and gave me water and I died in his arms. And I also gifted him this cottage but don't know why he entered the villa."

"Mary mom! He isn't a noble man. He was that greedy John. He came to this villa to trap this innocent girl.", Elsa roared.

Hey readers! That's it with the flashback. What do you think Catherine will do now? Hope you liked the part. Please don't forget to vote and comment.

I'll be back with a new chapter soon Till then STAY HOME! STAY SAFE!

LOADS OF LOOVE!

PRATU:)