Chapter 3

Chris was sitting in the glass balcony with one leg above the other. Beside him was a glass table on which a bottle of wine and 2 glasses were kept. George led Roger to where Chris was sitting. Roger went on there cleared his throat and greeted Chris,"Good Evening sir. I hope you are doing well." Chris  just nodded his head. Catherine was standing outside the balcony and hearing to what they were speaking. Chris asked,"So Mr. cobbler what brings you here?" Roger said,"Sir I would like to talk to you something personal. I hope you wouldn't mind."
Chris shook his head and signalled George with his hand asking him to leave. George immediately left. Catherine held the cross locket tightly in her hand and started praying,"Christ! Please give Roger the strength to speak and please make dad agree to our marriage." Roger said,"Sir I came to ask for..sir I know I am not...it is....I..."
Chris angrily said,"Talk up to the point. I hate people who waste my time blabbering and if you can't do that then just get lost and come to meet me when you learn to speak." Then he just murmured,"Huh! These poor people. They waste my time." Roger again tried speaking with all the courage,"Sir! I know you wouldn't agree but I am here to tell you that I am in love with your daughter Catherine and I would like to marry her."He used up all his courage to say that but Chris wasn't happy at all to hear that. His face turned pale. He  took a glass and threw it on a glass window. The window and the glass shattered to pieces. Then he asked to Roger,"Can you pay for this window's repair? It doesn't cost much. Just 250$." Then Chris started humiliating Roger. Catherine had to interupt. She went to him and said,"Dad! I really love him. We are having it together since last 6 months. Please let us get married." Chris paid no attention to her and started talking to Roger,"How much do you earn per month?" Roger was red with shame and spoke,"Sir around 100$ to 150$ and 200$ during festive seasons."  Chris just turned to his daughter and said,"Darling what is your pocket money per month? Tell me now." She said,"300$ dad."Then he spoke,"So this proves you are not eligible to marry my daughter. Now get lost and don't show your face again. Catherine started crying and said,"Dad but.."but Chris was being too rude that day. He said,"Catherine I love you and just because he was your boyfriend he is still alive otherwise his dead body would be lying here now."
Finally Catherine spoke up,"Dad I don't care about your opinion. Tomorrow we are going to get married in the church. That's all." Saying that she left but her dad's reaction surprised her as well as Roger.

Hey all! I know it is a slightly long chapter. Hope you liked it. Please vote and comment.

Lots of love
PRATU:)