Gone but never forgotten- Hizzie

"Josie?" Hope asks in shock when she sees the brunette standing in her old room.

"Hope." Josie smiles but the tribrid doesn't return it, instead she gives her a disgusted look.

6 years ago, Josie left the school. It was after the back magic and she was so ashamed, she just needed an escape so she packed all her things up and left without a goodbye. She left Lizzie a letter and that's the last anyone had heard from her. Caroline and Alaric spent months trying to track her down, and when they eventually did a year later, they say how shoot Josie was without them, so they backed away and let their
daughter go. They sent letters to her every week but they never got one back.

"Why are you doing here?" Hope asks angrily.
Josie frowns slightly. "I was in town for business, I thought I'd come say hi."

"You thought you'd come say hi." Hope says sarcastically. "You left 6 years ago everyone bent over backwards to save you from your mistake! Your sister almost died to save your ass, and what did you do for her in return? You left her! You said goodbye in a fucking letter! You don't get to just 'come say hi'!" Hope shouts.

Josie sighs and looks down guiltily. "I know it was wrong, but I had to leave."

"You had to leave." Hope laughs sarcastically. "Ok. Go to hell, Josie."

"Hope." Josie says, hurt. "I'm sorry, ok? I just wanna talk to Lizzie and-"

"You don't know, do you?" Hope frowns.

"Know what?" Josie asks. Hope sighs and shakes her head. "Hope, what don't I know?"

"Josie... Lizzie's dead." Hope tells her.

Josie's face drops and tears fill her eyes. "What?"

"She's dead, Josie." Hope frowns. "I thought you knew."

"She's dead?" Josie asks, tears falling down her cheeks. "No. She can't be dead."

"Your parents sent you a letter when it happened." Hope tells her. "You didn't read it?"

Josie chokes on a sob and slides down the wall, pulling her knees into her chest and crying into her arms. "I didn't open any of their letters. I had to move on." She cries.

Hope sighs and shakes her head. "Asshole." She mumbles so Josie can't hear her.

"How? How did she-" Josie cuts herself off and looks up at Hope, tears dribbling down her cheeks.

"She couldn't handle the pain of losing you. Caroline and Alaric spent all their time and energy trying to find you, and so did Lizzie, but they forgot about her. All they cared about was finding you, they hadn't realised how depressed Lizzie fell and when Lizzie found out how happy you were without them, it was too much for her."
Hope says.

"No." Josie shakes her head. "No, don't say it."

"Lizzie killed herself 5 years ago." Hope says emotionlessly.

"Oh god." Josie whispers in shock, sobbing painfully. "I'm so sorry!"

"You don't get to cry, Josie, you left her! You left your sister behind! You tried to kill her but she still saved you, and you still left! You're a selfish, self centred bitch." Hope growls which makes Josie cry harder. "You killed your sister, and I will hate you forever. You killed the love of my life and I never got a chance to tell her how I felt, because of you. I don't feel sorry for you, Josie, you deserve this pain for everything you put your family through. You killed Lizzie."

Josie sobs and Hope storms away, anger flowing through her veins. She enters her room, she became a self defence teacher at the school, and slams her door shut. She feels the veins tingle up her cheeks and her lights flicker.