The Redlight District

"Welcome back to the Oshiwara District!" Tengen said as he waved to Kana. The two were on the rooftops because Kana hates the streets of the red light district.

"Care to share why Sanemi has opted out of working with you? What'd you do that prompted his exit?" Kana asked. She was annoyed that she now had to help Tengen and Kyojuro until the next territory reassignment.

"All I said was that he was a shitty brother.. nothing more." Tengen said with a laugh.

"What was the motive for such an underhanded statement?" Kana asked.

"You've never heard him talk to his younger brother." Tengen said with a matter of fact expression.

"Genya? He's a sweet kid, but enough of this. Why am I here? I hate this place." Kana said.

"You're here because there is a brothel here run by a demon and I need you to infiltrate it." Tengen said with a smile.

"You're joking." Kana snapped.

"Not in the slightest, matter of fact this is so sick I don't even want to send you in there." Tengen said seriously.

"What kind of brothel are we talking about here?" Kana said quickly.

"After the girls are sold to the brothel they're mercilessly tortured for sick guys who are into that and then eaten by the head of the brothel." Tengen said getting straight to the point.

Kana's jaw dropped. "I don't want to send you in there but if I'm being honest, you're the only person I trust to come out alive." Tengen finished.

"I'm going to be sick. God I'm actually going to be sick." Kana said

"Are you up for this job?" Tengen asked worriedly.

"Lives are on the line, this is not exactly within my job description but if it's what needs to be done." Kana said clutching her stomach.

"The brothel is called Sinsa and it's located on the east side. I'm going to sell you to them and at midnight go in to kill the head. Signal me and we'll rescue as many girls as possible. After that we blow the place." Tengen said explaining his plan.

"Got it." Kana said

"My signal to you to begin the operation will be the word spitfire. Kana please be careful. This isn't just demons, it's sick twisted humans." Tengen said his breath hitched.

"I will be. It's just a bit of mild torture. What could go wrong." Kana said in a nervous tone.

⚠️Tw: Torture, violence, blood⚠️

Kana was sold and the mission was on. Within minutes of being taken back to the brothel she was put in chains. But not just regular chains, scolding hot chains. Her screams echoed through the halls of the brothel as sick men watched the tears flow out of her eyes. For six more hours she would have to endure this.

After the chains had cooled down an attendant came out with a leather whip. He approached Kana and grabbed her by the jaw. "The louder you scream the harder I hit." He cooed as he threw her face away.

The whips were loud. Kana screamed and writhed in pain as the leather tore through her flesh and blood fell down her chest.

"I said don't scream. Uncooperative brats must be punished." The attendant said. The audience cheered as the attendant went to fetch a new device to torture Kana with.

He returned with a knife and said. "Who wants to see me slice this bitch open."

The men began to cheer as the attendant lined the knife in between Kana's chest. He slowly drug it down until he'd reached her waistline. She screamed and cried in pain. In the distance another woman's screams could be heard. Her pleas for the torture to end ringing in Kana's ears. She would end the torture for all of these girls, this would stop.