The Kana Series, Pt.1

"I feel that there is more to my past you should know." Kana said to Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke. Tanjiro's eyes gleamed, He was listening very intently. "When I first became a Hashira, there were five others. I had the honor of working with each. Their wisdom is how I've stayed alive so long. Now I will share it with you three."

"Eight years ago I became a Hashira at the age of ten. When I first stepped into the room, the five strongest warriors of our race at the time introduced themselves. Juri 'Raindrop Blade' Mistoko, given the nickname due to his abilities with the sword. It was said he could slice through a raindrop in mid air. Aldri 'Red Rouge' Rohana, possibly the greatest person to ever use breath of sound. Raya 'full throttle' Torre,  Ice Hashira, she was abrasive and powerful, never thought before she acted. Hence 'full throttle'. Shinjuro 'Rage' Rengoku, know for his hot head, always quick to jump to conclusions. Lastly Gyomei 'silent stone' Himejima. They gave me the nickname Kana 'the cavalry' Asiguri. The thing about that group was that they were nothing like the current Hashira. They were all good friends. They knew each other's strength and weaknesses. One could've easily mistaken them for family. But as for today's lesson, what each of them taught me..."

{8 years earlier}

"I understand your position, Kana. You feel like this was your mother's team." The master said calmly.

"You're correct. I feel like the one cog in the machine that is misplaced." Kana said lowly.

"Perhaps you should, before taking over your own territory, examine the other Hashira's territories." The master suggested.

"Alright, I suppose it couldn't hurt." Kana said.

After quite a bit of waking Kana reached the territory of Aldri 'red rouge' Rohana, the sound Hashira. She found the sound Hashira, sitting on a tree stump meditating.

"Um Lady Rohana?" Kana asked approaching her.

"I heard you coming from 20 miles away." The sound Hashira said calmly.

"Really? That far?" Kana asked is awe.

"From here, I can see everything with my ears. What brings you here, young Asiguri?" She asked. Aldri had grey hair and pale blue eyes. Her skin was a subtle tan and her hair was pulled back into a high ponytail. She wore a light blue uniform with a long skirt and no sleeves. Next to her laid a spear that had dawned a special hue of blue at the point.

"The master advised me to observe the other Hashira in their territories. To help me fill my mother's position, I need to know more." Kana said quietly.

"I understand, well you now see how I maintain my territory." Aldri replied.

"You just.. sit here?" Kana asked.

"Yes, like I said, I can see everything from here. Compared to me, you are blind."

"I see, that's quite the remarkable ability you have." Kana said in envy.

"You have an ability that if honed could be just as effective if im not mistaken. The ability to sense changes in the wind, it gives you spatial awareness yes? Also your eyes, you can enhance them correct?" Aldri spoke.

"Both are true Lady Rohana." Kana said

"Then you have no excuse. Those abilities, while the smallest, are the most effective in combat. Hone them to their limit." Aldri scolded.

Kana beamed at the absolutely mean woman. She was in awe of her.

"Don't move." She said as she picked up her spear. She took a position and held the spear over her shoulder. With extraordinary strength she threw the spear and quickly chased it, signaling Kana to follow.  When the two came to a stop, Kana smelled ash. Aldri had decapitated a demon from 5 miles away.

"Like I said, while these abilities are the smallest, they are the most effective. Now let's go back to my tree, I have other matters to attend to." Aldri said.

"What kind of matters?" Kana asked, still processing Aldri's incredible display.

"Matters of the mind." Aldri said sternly.

~~~~~~~~~~~

These chapters will be short and will address more of Kana's past. They are a recent addition because I originally didn't plan to use them. Anyways enjoy them as they come.