All Magic, Comes With a Price

"I have located Lady Tamayo, she's requesting you come meet her."

Kana turned around and met her lifelong friend face to face. Iroh hasn't changed a bit, while Kana herself looked to be a shell of a person.

"Alright, show me where." Kana said bluntly.

"Can you keep up?" Iroh teased.

"Only one way to find out." Kana replied lifelessly.

Iroh let out a forced laugh and through a veil of red smoke emerged the bird everyone knew and loved. Kana followed closely behind him as he led her to a house in the countryside. Kana was vexed as she had never pictured Lady Tamayo in a place like this. Nevertheless, she proceeded. The house was small and sat on a good amount of land.

Iroh took back on his human form and waved Kana over. "Come on, let's go in." He said quickly.

Kana followed and on the other side on the door was Yushiro. He starred daggers at Iroh and Kana as they passed him by. Iroh brushed right by him and moved to another room.

On a mat sat Lady Tamayo. She was wearing a green kimono with a red and yellow dragon pattern on it. Her hair was down and she looked awfully stressed. Kana took a seat across from her and smiled slightly at the seemingly tired demon.

"Mi'lady." Kana said while doing a stagnant bow.

"It lovely to see you again, Lady Asiguri. I hate to skip the pleasantries but tell me about your loss of powers." Tamayo questioned.

"I'm not sure of this, my memory of that night is a bit foggy. I think the cause was some sort of injection given to me by a friend-turned-demon." Kana said

"An injection!" Tamayo replied with urgency.

"Yes I believe so.." Kana replied.

"I need your blood!" Tamayo blurted out. "Sorry that was a bit weird. I think the injection that took away your powers might have actually turned you human. In your letter you said you couldn't heal or access your powers. I think in your blood is the key to turning demons back into humans."

Kana's jaw hung. "Take it, take my blood." Kana said frantically.

"Relax Kana we'll get your blood. I believe you had another issue to address." Tamayo said now in her regular poised demeanor.

"Misumi... my sister, her soul core was destroyed. I can't fix it because I don't have my powers. I need them back." Kana explained. Her features had sank a bit. It was obvious she was trying to put up a front.

"I see... I think I may be able to reverse the affects of the drug after I have your blood. But if not I'm sure you remember there is another who uses the Ember Blaze. Perhaps Nezuko can help." Tamayo offered Kana a reassuring smile.

"Nezuko... I've never seen her use her healing abilities. I'm not sure if she's able." Kana said quickly.

"It's worth a try Kana, if all else fails that is." Tamayo replied.

Kana nodded and the lady called for Yushiro. She gestured for Kana's arm and Yushiro stabbed it with a needle and the blood was drawn. Though Kana hadn't learned much she now had a bit of hope that she would see Misumi again. She could keep moving forward.

Kana returned to the demon slayer headquarters and wandered aimlessly. However this did not last long at all. "MASTER!" Inosuke screamed from in a tree. Kana's head whipped to the tree and her eyes continued to trail up.

"Look how high I got this time master!" Inosuke yelled.

He had been doing this for a week now, seeing how high he could climb.. using his teeth.

"That's very nice Inosuke. Why don't you come down here and we'll go get dinner." Kana said, Inosuke swung down the tree and landed at Kana's side.

"You seem more alive today master. Did my energy get to ya?" Inosuke asked extremely seriously.

"Maybe it did." Kana said with an indignant smirk.

"Whatever master you're such an ass." He said waving her off.

"It's not nice to swear at your elders." Kana replied.

"Shut the fuck up." Inosuke said bluntly.

Kana laughed and Inosuke wondered why. Their relationship had went from mentor and student to entitled toddler and tired mother. Still the two were practically inseparable now, Kana liked adopting stray children. It gave her a weird sense of purpose.

"We should ask Monjiro and Captain eyebrows if they want to come too." Inosuke said avoiding Kana's gaze.

"Do you want them to come Inosuke?" Kana teased.

"Hey cut that out master I don't even want you to come!" Inosuke yelled.

"What about Zenitsu where is he?" Kana asked.

"He's on a mission. He'll be back soon." Inosuke said quietly.

"Alright let's go get Tanjiro and Kyojuro then." Kana replied teasingly.

"Yes!... wait no I mean, um, whatever." Inosuke said in a fake casual tone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short chapter cause I said so. Much love to all of my readers.