Mount Natagumo

Kana had been grieving in her own way. Strangely that way was following Misumi around and making sure she was safe. Misumi had been traveling with Tanjiro and some new friends they'd made while fighting in a demon infested mansion. Currently they were staying in a wisteria sanctioned home.

"You know watching her like this isn't going to.."

"I'm aware of that. What're you doing here?" Kana asked she'd turned and met his golden eyes.

"The master sent me to retrieve you." He said. She raised an eyebrow. "I volunteered to retrieve you for the master..." he said altering his statement.

"I'm fine Kyojuro. Why does the master need me?" She asked

"Um about that..." he said shyly.

"He didn't send you did he?" She said with a smile.

"Not at all." He said, his head tilted down in shame.

"Relax fire starter I won't be much longer. Just one more mission then I'll come back I promise." Kana said. The desperation danced in her irises and he knew nothing he could say would get her to leave.

"Okay... I love you Kana." He said a little below a whisper.

"I love you too." A gust of wind and the brush of silence told Kana he'd left. She missed him but something told her she'd be seeing a lot more of him in the future.

~~~~~~~~

The children were sent to Mnt. Natagumo, Kana took one look at that mountain and knew she had her work cut out for her.

"Tanjiro I'm scared!" The yellow one yelled.

"Stop crying Zentisu!" Misumi said harshly. She herself was grieving as well. In her own way of course.

"I'm going up." Tanjiro said.

Misumi and the boar followed him. Kana herself decided it be best to wait it out. She didn't want Misumi to know she was here.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Just go I'll hold them here!" A boy named Murata said.

Misumi, Tanjiro, and Inosuke continued to ascend the mountain. However their pathway was blocked.

"I'm sure the both of you can take this down right?" Misumi said, she'd sustained a large gash to the leg and needed a minute to rest.

"It doesn't have a head!" Tanjiro yelled back at her.

"That doesn't mean it has no weak point you dodo!" Misumi yelled back as she binded her leg.

~~~~~~~~

Kana watched as the yellow head began to climb the mountain as well. She sighed and began to ascend. Soon finding Inosuke launching Tanjiro on the air and Miusmi with a leg injury.

"Did you defeat that monster?" Inosuke asked.

"Hey are you alright?" Tanjiro asked.

"I asked you a question answer it!" Inosuke yelled.

Kana gave a slight smile, this bickering seemed familiar to her. Comforting almost.

"Hey dumb dumbs, we aren't done yet." Misumi said. She'd finished patching her leg and was now ready to be back in action.

The three made their way to the river.

"What was that sound? It sounded like thunder. But I don't smell any rain clouds." Tanjiro said.

"Whatever it doesn't matter." Inosuke said.

"I think I'm going to go this way." Tanjiro said.

"Why're you telling me! It's not like it matters!" Inosuke yelled.