Till the End of Time

"My beloved children... I look forward to seeing your success."

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Going somewhere Little Flame?" Tengen asked as Kana exited the meeting room.

"I actually am so I don't have time for your lecture." Kana said with a smirk.

"Where are you off too?" Tengen asked.

"Just going out with Kyojuro. Why?" Kana replied.

"Oh... OH! No reason I'm just curious that's all." Tengen said.

"That's odd" Kana thought to herself.

"Enjoy your night Kana, I'm going to your place so I'll see you later." Tengen said with a smirk.

"I will..." Kana said, his tone and outburst had set her off. He knew something. Either way she didn't have time to think about it. She had to get home and shower, after all she was still covered in blood, sweat, and spider webs.

Kana arrived at her home and quickly washed Mnt. Natagumo off herself. She pulled her jet black hair that faded into crimson into a side braid and threw on a dress one of Tengen's wives gave her. It was green with a leaf pattern and had slits on both sides. It had a turtleneck and a cream sash that wrapped around the waist.

Kana made her way downstairs and into the kitchen. Of course, Tengen was there stealing her food.

"Does that belong to you?" Kana asked.

"Nope." Tengen said bluntly.

"Then why are you eating it?" Kana said in an annoyed tone.

"Because I feel like it, piss off." Tengen said with so attitude.

Kana gave him a sharp glare and he raised his hands in a defensive position. She turned away and made her way to the door, she was sick of him already.

"Have fun on your date little flame!" Tengen yelled from the kitchen.

Kana rolled her eyes and exited the house. She began to wander a bit aimlessly around her own estate because it's been so long since she'd really appreciated it. It was surrounded by trees and with the season of fall the leaves had fallen everywhere. She scaled the wall that separated her house from the woods and stared off onto the shore of her beloved lake that was adorned by the sunset. This was a view she would never get tired of.

'Kana, someday I won't be here anymore. On that day, this will all become yours. I ask you to cherish this place. Allow it to shine like gold in your heart. Spend all stages of your life here Kana. This place is for you.'

'But mother, where will you go?' Five year old Kana asked her mother.

'To the eternal lake of course an I'll watch you from the other side until you someday join me there. It is the way of this world.' Korra said to her daughter.

'Okay mother, I will always keep this place safe. I promise.' Kana said starring at her mother in amazement.

"Kana! Are you ready to go?" Kyojuro asked. She hadn't even noticed he'd arrived as she was deeply caught in nostalgia.

"Yeah I'm coming!" She said enthusiastically as she jumped down from the wall.

"What were you doing up there?" He asked.

"Just looking around. It's been a while since I've been home long enough to do so." Kana said with a brief smile.

"I see, I hope you're excited I've got lots planned for tonight!" He said with a radiant grin.