The Final Words of Kana Asiguri

Some say you can feel it before somebody you love dies, like a countdown ticking in the back of your mind or a rope suddenly snapping. Today was the end of the line for Kana. Of course she knew that though. As she struggled to keep breathing her life flashed before her eyes. The people she loved and the memories she cherished shined like gold. Though this was the end, in a way it was also the beginning.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want this." Kana said as Kyojuro collapsed by her side.

"Just heal it okay. Kocho! Kocho will fix it!" He said frantically.

She raised her hand to his face "My time is up."

"No no no, but it's over. We're done with this."

I always knew it'd come to this. I don't know why I ever let myself believe different. I was made to die.

"I'm sorry, it's time for me to go. Can you hear them. My mother and Father? They're waiting for me. By the lake." Kana said with tears steaming down her face.

The others had all made their way to her. Each had lived. Misumi pushed through them and collapsed in front of Kana. Inosuke shed real tears.

"Can we be together like this in the next life? I hope so. I love you guys. You're all... my favorite people."

Sobs and grunts echoed.

"And you, I promise I'll see you again. Because you and I are one. Bound together for eternity. At least that's what our vows said." Kana laughed

"Thank you for choosing me."

He eyes shut and her life faded. But a light shined as she emerged from the waters of the eternal lake.

"Welcome home Kana. Are you ready to go?" Korra asked. She held her hand out to Kana and pulled her out of the water.

"Come on my daughter. Let's go home." Ozai said.

She took her parents hands as the led her to the end, Leaving only the memory behind. She hoped she'd made a difference. She hoped she'd see them again. But for now she would rest at the lake. With Akira, and her parents, and all her fallen comrades.

After all she'd kept her promises, done her job. She could rest now.

Under the moonlight her friends wept for her end, but for Kana it was only a mere snag in the road. She had time to wait for them. She always had time.

~~~~~~~~~~

In the years, her fellow Hashira soon died as well. Each incurring the wrath of the mark. But her reunion was long awaited and now she finally would see him again.

"Oh god I've missed you!" Her voice echoed through the air.

"It's time for our next adventure, my love, my Kana."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you all so much, gosh I'm crying! This has been so fun and I have enjoyed every second writing this! I hope you all liked it and I hope you'll stick around because there is more to come!