The Flames of Ozai Gengi

'Dear Lady Asiguri,

Your father's condition has worsened. I fear he won't survive another week. I suggest you come here to be with him while the time is still here. I apologize for the bad news but there is no more I can do.
                                                    Sincerely, Dr. Nakia'

Kana's heart dropped as she read the letter sent by her father's doctor. She immediately grabbed her things and made her way to the Rengoku estate.

"Kana? What're you doing here?" Kyojuro said with a smile.

"My father, his condition has worsened. I don't have much time. I just wanted to warn you that I won't be around for about a week." Kana said with a weak smile.

Kyojuro's face dropped as he remembered his mother. "I'll go with you, your father's home is in my territory anyways." He said, remembering how awful it felt to be alone after his mother passed.

"Oh it's alright you don't have to, besides it's not exactly going to be a happy trip anyways." Kana said her fake expression of happiness painted to perfection.

"I know I don't have to, let me grab a few things and we can go." Kyojuro said, brushing off her attempt to stifle him.

Kana waited outside and was quickly found by a face she was never disappointed to see. "Kana-nee-San! What're you doing here?" Senjuro exclaimed as he ran up to Kana.

"I'm waiting on your brother. He's going with me to see my father." Kana said with a smile that was genuine but still drained.

"I see. Are you alright nee-san?" Senjuro said sensing the faith yet present melancholic energy.

"I'm alright Sennie. I'm prepared for what's to come." Kana said patting him in the head. Senjuro nodded and the two were joined by Kyojuro.

"Ready to go?" He said loudly.

"Of course. Bye Sen-chan, I'll come see you when I get home." Kana said. There was a hint of sadness in her voice. She was trying her best to keep her composure and It was working. Senjuro tackled her into a hug. "Bye bye nee-san! I'll miss you!" Senjuro said, trying his best to cheer her up. She returned his hug and he said his goodbyes to Kyojuro. Kana waved at the gate and they were off.

~~~~~~~~

Kana walked side by side with Kyojuro. She was deep in thought, a blank expression on her face. Her chest ached and her head was spinning. However from the outside you never would have known. She couldn't even begin to imagine the next few days. She couldn't breathe when she did. Her chest felt as if it could cave in at any moment.

"Can we stop for a minute?" Kana asked breaking the silence. He ears were beginning to ring and her vision getting blurry.

"Yeah I don't see why not!" Kyojuro said enthusiastically.

"Great." Kana said as she sat down right where she was as if someone had thrown a weight at her.

"Are you alright Kana?" Kyojuro said

"I'm fine why do you ask?" Kana said questioningly.

"Well you're sweating, your face is pretty flushed, and you're sitting in the middle of the road." Kyojuro said in a rather serious tone.

"Am I really? I should be fine I just need to walk it off." Kana said trying to deny the weight in her chest and the pain she felt.

"Get on my back." Kyojuro said sternly.

"Oh no I'm really.."

"This isn't up for discussion. Get on my back now. I don't want you working yourself into Illness with this." Kyojuro cut her off and bent down. Kana sighed and got in on his back. He was right, she wasn't in her right mind right now. But who would be, her father was dying.