Oneshot: Akira Kawa

As a child I was always more independent than everyone else, I guess that serves me right doesn't it. I've always wanted to be the best, the strongest. That was until I met my match. The day that I met Kana was the day I stopped aimlessly chasing power. She gave me a goal and as much as I hate to admit it, she changed me.

The Master, Kayaga Ubuyuashiki, took an interest in me after I saved his life. My father was a hunter in the mountains so I grew up around all sorts of animals and in an optimal environment for agility and flexibility. When the master offered me a position in the demon slayer corps I could hardly refuse. My need for power was far too prominent.

My father was against me leaving home, but the pay I received as a demon slayer meant he could finally retire. When my mother passed away the year before he thought he'd never get the chance. I left without saying goodbye, always figured I'd make my way home someday. It's a shame really.

~~~~~~~~

"Are you, Mitsako Kawa?" Misumi said as she approached a man. He was sitting on his porch, it looked as if he was awaiting something.

"That's me. Why do you ask for me?" The man said, his calm demeanor was opposite to his daughter's.

"My name is Misumi and this is my sister Kana. We're members of the demon slayer corps." Misumi said.

"Stop Misumi. Go wait over there, I'll handle this." Kana said grabbing her arm and pointing to a nearby tree.

"Oh, okay Kana." Misumi said.

"Is this about Akira?" The man said, the concern in his voice was prominent despite his best attempts to mask it.

"It is, sir I'm afraid Akira is no longer in this world."

The mans face sunk into his hands, small weeps for his lost daughter could be heard. Kana placed her hand on his shoulder and took a seat next to him. The suffering was all too familiar to her.

"Akira has always been a free spirit, I guess now she's finally able to run free of this world." The man said, he had a certain wisdom to him. Like the past had unfolded before his own eyes. "Thank you for coming to tell me, Miss Kana. May I ask what my daughter was to you? And about her final moments as well?"

"Of course, I was her trainer. I viewed her as my own sister. She lived with me and Misumi. As for her final moments, I'm afraid they were not peaceful. She always talked about how one day she would come back to see you. Me and Misumi thought it right we come and tell you ourselves." Kana responded. The man could see it in her eyes. The utter devastation. They had a mutual understanding.

"Please Miss Kana. Come back here sometime. Please come back and tell me about my Akira's adventures." The man pleaded.

"Of course, me and Misumi brought you some of her things. We thought perhaps they'd have some sentimental value." Kana said as she handed the man a box of Akira's personal affects.

"Thank you Miss Kana." The man said.

"Please just Kana is alright. We will return soon Mr. Kawa." Kana said with a slight smile.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Say Mr. Gengi, was Kana always such a magnum pain in the ass?" Akira asked. She sat with Ozai Gengi, Korra Asiguri, and the six winds by the side of a lake.

"She's always been that way, so sense she's smart." Ozai replied.

"I wonder when she'll get here. Then we can all walk to the next life together." Dai Fuse said.

"I hope it's not soon." Akira said as she starred into the water, viewing Kana on the other side.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay guys, here's this. It's been in the drafts taking up space. Love y'all, make sure to keep commenting and dming me. Follow my TikTok @ adaline9494 for updates!