The Trial

"Hey! Wake up! Are you gonna sleep all day? Just who the hell do you think you are? Wake the hell up!" A Kakushi yelled.

"I heard he was a demon slayer protecting a demon, So I was expecting somebody with a bit more flamboyance. To find out it's just some dumb kid. How disappointing." Tengen said.

"We must see that this boy is put on trial to be judged! So it shall be!" Rengoku yelled.

"To think he's been protecting his sister, who's now a demon. What a brave and beautiful display of sibling love." Mitsuri said.

"Who are these.." Tanjiro said but was quickly interrupted.

"Don't open your mouth until you're told. Do you know who you're in the presence of? These are the Hashira!"

Tanjiro looked very confused. His eyes laid upon Kana who was standing in between Kyojuro and Muichiro. She gave him a subtle nod.

"This is the Demon Slayer's Headquarters. You're here because you, Tanjiro Kamado, are to be put on trial." Shinobu said. "Now before we begin the trial-"

"There's no need for a trial!" Kyojuro said. "Protecting a demon is a clear violation. We can deal with this on our own! We shall execute them both!"

"In that case, I'll decapitate them with flare. I'll show you the most flamboyant spray of blood ever." Tengen followed.

"Alas, to see such a pitiful creature as this. I grieve for him. Perhaps it'd have been better if he hadn't been born." Himejima said.

"Boy, the hashira are speaking, what are you looking at? your eyes should be over there. these are the eleven highest-ranking slayers in the Demon Slayer Corps." Goto said.

"That's the Hashira?" Tanjiro said

"Let's end his misery." Himejima said

"Right!" Rengoku assured.

"And let's do so flamboyantly!" Tengen followed.

"If any of you so much as make a move for him, you'll answer to me. I doubt any of you would like to meet the wrong end of my blades." Kana said calmly. She was given short glances from a few of the Hashira but all of their mouths closed immediately.

"Nezuko! Where is Nezuko!" Tanjiro yelled.

"Forget about this boy. What shall we do with Tomioka." Iguro said "Seeing him standing there without any restraints is making me nauseous, and Asiguri bringing them in un-restrained and commanding they be untouched. Why are they still free? Based on what Kocho and her Tsguko have told us, they're just as guilty."

"Oh I think it's alright. Tomioka came without resistance and Kana returned on orders from the master himself." Shinobu said quickly.

"Are we sure she has no other motives?" Novioka said sharply. She was leaning on the tree Iguro was residing in.

"If Kana had other motives we would know." Sabito said coldly. He was standing with Giyu on the opposite side of the pavilion.

"What do you have to say for yourself, Tomioka, Asiguri?" Iguro said.

Both remained silent. Kana was awaiting the master and hoped there would be no further pressure. As for Giyu, he was simply ignoring everyone else. Sabito held a guilty expression as he too knew what was going on here.

"Let's come up with a penalty later. What I'm more interested in, is hearing this boy's story." Kocho said. "I wish to hear why he's traveling with a demon and hear it straight from the boy's mouth. What he's done is no doubt against the rules. You are aware of that, aren't you? Tanjiro Kamado, why are you traveling with a demon, as a fellow Demon Slayer?"