To be Trained by Hashira

Hashira training. A now mandatory activity. For Kana this was a breeze, she'd trained lots of people. For some of the other Hashira however, it did not come as easy.

"No no NO! You're doing it all wrong!" Tengen screamed. "Ten more laps or I swear to god."

"Maybe if you relax a bit you'll get more results." Kana chimed in from behind him.

"Relax when you're dead." He snarled.

"Says the guy who retired." Kana shot back.

The Hashira worked hard to ensure their training would be efficient. First Tengen starts with basic stamina training, then Mitsuri handles flexibility training, After, Muichiro and Sabito train quick movement, then Obanai focuses on sword technique, after that Sanemi and Novioka handle infinite pounding training, then Gyomei trains muscle reinforcement, and finally Kana and Kyojuro work on putting it all together in combat as well as breathing style refinement. Giyu was having an episode and Shinobu was too busy with Lady Tamayo to participate.

"Hey hey hey, my retirement was necessary little flame. Don't try to get on my ass now." Tengen said lightly.

"I'm just messing with you tramp stamp." Kana snickered. "I have something to ask you."

"What might that be?" Tengen asked.

"If I were to ever lose control of myself, would you kill me?" Kana questioned.

"No I wouldn't. Why do you ask?"

"I need you to change your stance." Kana said with certainty.

"What brought this on?" Tengen asked.

"My power is growing, I don't know how much longer my mind can battle my blood. I need you to promise me that if it comes down to me or the world, you'll finish me off."

"Why me?" Tengen asked.

"It sucks but you're the only one strong enough to do it." Kana replied.

"That makes no sense. Gyomei is way stronger than me." Tengen snapped back.

"Mentally strong enough. Don't be stupid." Kana replied with matching vigor. "Promise me?"

"I promise you runt. But I won't need to kill you." Tengen said.

"Yes, yes you won't." Kana replied.

|||||||||||||||||||

"To pass my training you need to land 3 critical blows on me in hand to hand combat." Kana stated boldly.

"Our training is basically just to hammer in what you've already learned, so you all should get through this rather quickly." Kyojuro followed.

"There is a catch though, Rengoku will also be doing everything in his power to get in your way. I myself will keep my hands behind my back using only my legs while he goes on the offensive."

"We will also be retraining your breathing techniques but with more stability in your bodily function." Kyojuro said enthusiastically.

"Question! How can you train us if you don't know all of the breath styles?" A trainee asked.

"I have a general understanding of all breathing styles and have trained users of each so your type of breathing will not be a problem. Any other stupid questions?" Kana asked.

"She means, any more questions for us?" Kyojuro said nicely.

"Yeah I got one! Who pissed in your coffee master?" Inosuke asked.

"For that quip, you'll go first." Kana stated coldly.

|||||||||||||||

Every trainee failed their test. Not one passed. It was now clear that learning things and applying them together were not the same. Kana and Kyojuro had their work cut out for them. Kyojuro trained stability in breath, while Kana refined technique. They made an amazing pair, and their conflicting teaching styles blended well together in the end.

Both Hashira also made each other stronger, like rocks sharpening each other. Kana's skill had grown and she now had a skill level on par with that of upper moon one's sword technique. As for Kyojuro, his growth has placed him on the same level as Sanemi. Both of these measurements were made without demon slayer marks or demon powers. The two had grown very strong.

Day after day the slayers tried and failed to land 3 vital blows on Kana. Most had given up, all but Inosuke and Tanjiro.

"I swear master! I'll find your weak point!" Inosuke yelled. Soon after he was kicked in the stomach by Kyojuro and sent flying.

"Don't be too rough fire starter, we still need eligible fighters after all." Kana said with a laugh.

"I see it now! I know how to beat you!" Inosuke yelled. He'd been prioritizing his attacks, but the key to beating Kana was to rely on speed.

He moved quickly, since she'd trained him he knew her antics. Inosuke expertly avoided Kyojuro using fast and incalculable movements. Kana smiled a bit, she'd taught him that.

Inosuke landed one blow to Kana's stomach and she flew back rolling onto her feet. She once again began to run but was caught and took a dazzling blow to that back. Inosuke while still avoiding Kyojuro's onslaught of attacks, managed a third blow to the back of Kana's head. He was the first to pass their training. With Kana's teachings, he'd become much much stronger.

Soon after Tanjiro passed the training as well, and the rest followed suit. Kana had hoped to see Misumi after such a long time but her hopes were crushed when she never spotted her beloved little sister. Misumi was traveling the world, trying to take it all in. She was also one of the few slayers maintaining order while the others trained. Still Kana had hoped to see her regardless.

The Hashira were at their strongest, each ready to face a new challenge. The master, ready to sacrifice himself for the cause. The trio of orphans, ready to defeat Muzan. Kana, ready to avenge her mother and end the war. The countdown to the final battle was nearing its end, anybody with sense could feel it. Kana would end this war, at any cost.

||||||||||||||||||

Anyways so Um, how are you guys???