The Kana Series pt.2

"So you've come to my domain next huh?" A deep voice asked.

"I suppose that's true." Kana replied calmly.

"Well, why have you come?" This voice belonged to Juri Mistoko, the Water Hashira of that time.

"I'm here on orders from the master. He sent me to learn from the other Hashira." Kana said vaguely.

"Ah, that's a bit odd. Tell me, what did you see on your way here?" Juri asked.

"Nothing particularly strange. Why do you ask?" Kana replied.

"I am hunting a beast like demon in the area, your timing is most fortunate. You will get to see me take down the fervid creature." Juri said with a wide smile. He had long black hair, half of which was pulled into a bun and he was blind, so he kept his eyes closed. He wore no shoes and wielded a standard nichiren sword. He wore a traditional demon slayer uniform and a deep brown sash.

"What? You're hunting a demon?" Kana said remembering Aldri's words. "I might be able to help."

"No need, I've already found it." Juri said, he took off at a brilliant speed through the area and Kana followed closely.

When Kana came to a halt the water Hashira had the demon in his grasp. "I'll give you one last chance to surrender and make good on your infinite life." He said.

The beast merely grunted and continued to squirm, trying to break free of his grasp.

"Alright, have it your way." Juri said as he swiftly took off its head.

"What was that all about?" Kana asked as she approached the burning body.

"Well I like to think that everyone deserves a second chance. Otherwise I'm positive we'd all be dead by now." Juri said with a calm smile.

"I understand, but demons?" Kana questioned.

"Well it may be a bit far fetched but I try to see the best in everyone, as should you." Juri said.

"I'll keep that in mind."

"Off to see another Hashira?" Juri asked.

"I can't stay here forever." Kana said with a smile.

"I see, come back and visit me again sometime. You're good company." Juri said. He then vanished and Kana began to make her way to the next Hashira, Raya Torre, the Ice Hashira.

Like ice itself, Raya was solid, she came in many shapes and forms. She was also bat shit crazy. She had a son who followed her everywhere she went, she was obviously devoted to him. His name was Raygo.

"Say Raygo, you see this fish? We should eat it!" Raya said, holding up a snake.

"Mom please put that down! It's not a fish!" Raygo said frantically.

"Why would I put down our dinner? Especially since it seems we have a guest."

"Christ, I don't think that snake is edible mother!" Raygo doted. "A guest? Who?"

"Taking about me already! Wow!" Kana said bluntly.

"Don't let it get to your head Mini Korra! My son is the only thing important here!" Raya said as she tossed the snake aside and grabbed his cheeks to pinch them.

"Mother please!" Raygo screeched as he struggled to pull her off him. They both had matching pitch black hair and pale blue eyes. Raygo was around 16 and had a tall lean figure. As for Raya, she was shorter and was pure muscle.

"Kana, I apologize for my mother's behavior." Raygo pleaded.

"Oh, I don't mind!" Kana said sweetly.

"Come on! If we can't eat the fish, we'll have to find something else." Raya said enthusiastically.

"No no, mother please. Let me find dinner. You stay here." Raygo begged.

"Fine my sweet boy. I'll stay with mini Korra."

Raygo left in search of food and Kana took a seat on the ground.

"You seem to be close. You and your son." Kana said quietly.

"To be perfectly honest. I cherish him. That's the thing, about our jobs. People die everyday, he or I could be next. I want him to know how much I love him before either option happens." Raya said in an almost saddened tone.

"I wish I'd been that way. But it's too late for me now." Kana replied with a weak smile.

"Not necessarily. You'll love lots of people. Take that with you going forward. Make sure those people know, just how much you love them."

Kana eyes widened at the sentiment. She'd never thought beyond what she'd been given. She never thought to love anyone other than her mother and master and those who'd taken care of her. These words were ones she'd come to cherish.

The three ate dinner together and in the morning Kana left Raya and Raygo. She was off to meet another Hashira. The one known as Gyomei Himejima.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm literally so sad that I'm almost done with this book. Christ I'm going to miss it! Maybe I'll do some rewrites after I finish all of my planned books.