The Festival of Lights Pt.1

It had been a month since Kana and Kyojuro had become an item, however they had barely gotten to see one another due to missions. It was difficult but the two were very please to revive word that they would be going on a mission together.

The Festival of Lights in Asakusa, Tokyo, was a popular festival known for its fire works. Sadly people had been going missing at a rapid pace. Kana and Kyojuro were being sent to deal with this problem.

"Fire starter!" Kana yelled as she spotted him in the crowd. She pushed past people making her way to Kyojuro who hadn't heard her and tackled him into a hug.

"Wha- Kana!" He said when he realized it was her. For these two, time was rare. Lives needed saving. They took what they could get a rolled with the punches.

"I missed you." Kana said, her head buried in his chest.

"I missed you as well, but we have a mission. Do you have any information?" He asked.

"Right! No I don't. I was only told people had been going missing." Kana said quickly.

"I see, I was told the same. It seems we have some digging to do." He said

"It would seem so." Kana said with a smile. "I'll take the east."

"And I the west." Kyojuro said.

The two spilt and did their respective patrols. Each finding something different.

Kana began her patrol from the east and landed on a roof. Her body went stiff as she felt a familiar presence. It was the same yet different. It was more powerful, more menacing. There was only one possibility. "Hello, Kana Asiguri. I typically don't like to get my hands dirty but it would seem you are a special exception."

Kana turned around fully expecting to come face to face with a monster but was suprised to see a tall slender man. He had black hair and red cat like eyes. He wore a White suit with a black undershirt and a black fedora. "My name is Muzan Kibutsuji, but you already knew that didn't you?"

Kana's eyes flashed in horror, but not for herself. "Did you come alone?" She asked

"Of course not, our mutual friend is dealing with your partner right now." Muzan said with a smile.

Kana froze, fear touching every nerve in her body. She needed to find Kyojuro, but she couldn't. Not while Muzan was standing right in front of her. In an instant, her hand shot into the air.

A flash of red descended from the sky as Iroh fell to her side and landed on her shoulder. "Go find Kyojuro, he will need your help." Kana said. Iroh was hesitant but agreed and went to find Kyojuro.

Kana drew her blades and locked eyes with Muzan. "You should know, I am not going to let you leave here alive."

"Another demon slayer once said the same thing to me. He's dead now." Muzan said.

Elsewhere....

Kyojuro was patrolling from the west, he was focused on his surroundings when he stopped. He looked to the east and saw a flash of red descend from the sky. He was distracted when a figure appeared on the rooftop.

"We... shall... fight..." Kokushibo said as he launched himself at Kyojuro. He was halted by a beast that looked to be straight out of hell. Fire and lava coating it's stone body. It looked as if it could be a wolf but also was far to big to be a wolf. It stood in front of Kyojuro defensively and bared its teeth. A warning growl could be heard from the beast as Kyojuro drew his blade from behind it.

~~~~~~

"Scorch Breathing, Second Form: Burn of the Undying Phoenix."

Kana's blades pierced Muzan's chest and she kicked off him. She was surprisingly holding her own. His chest exploded in a red mist but he almost immediately regenerated. He wasn't even using a blood demon Art and still was overwhelming her. She could only pray he didn't start.