86 : Tables turned or did they?

Manik's pov:

       I looked over to hold her gaze, stealing a little bit of strength from my very own human sources of it.

" We have got this Manik, Cabir is there already waiting for us. Let's leave" briefly nodding at her I stood up to leave.

" Nandini." I whisper yelled to grab her attention, frowning she looked over raising an eyebrow questioningly.

" Can I get a hug, please?" and instantly her lips held up in the most precious smile before she lept across throwing her hands around my neck.

Just like that in her arms, I found my haven. It was almost unbelievable how comforting they were, my entire demeanor would ease out when she held me. It calmed me the hurricane I failed to name and right now, all I needed was to have a grip over myself and stay calm. This would most certainly help.

" I trust you...You have got this, love!" this women makes me melt every damm time.

'I won't disappoint you, Nandini I promise.'

-----------------
Nandini's pov:

   " Good you guys are here, let's get on with a few details and then we are good to go!" Cabir spoke as he approached us.

" Manik, are you still on with the entire Shekhawat's plan? You sure right!?" Cabir gauged Manik's expressions as he spoke, the conversation back in cabin was the last we had about this fiasco. I didn't see no point in pestering Manik or influencing his decision, it was his to make and he had to make the right choice now.

" No, Cabir!" We gawaked at him to find any sort of humor layed but found none. How! Not that I wasn't happy, I was but Manik letting go of a notion a motive he has held dear to his life for all these years was very unsettling, it is uncanny when one comes to think in human terms.

" Our motive right now is not Shekhawat's destruction no, what we will focus on is Infinity's success....and if Infinity reaching heights will only be by Shekhawat's downfall.....are we responsible for that now!? I don't think so!" with that The Manik Malhotra smirk was on.

" Di didn't want me to hate on nobody and I am not doing so now I chase my success!" He figured a loop in this, changing the narrative never would have worked wonders like this for nobody.

It makes me wonder should I be proud of my man or snort at his manipulation.

" Gentlemen's we would appreciate your presence in the conference room at your earliest." A man's voice obstructing our conversation, before we could move my cell rang grabbing both the guy's attention.

They looked over questioningly, I shook my head in assurance of joining them in a bit and left excusing myself.

-------------------

Manik's pov:

    It's been minutes and Nandini was nowhere to be seen, frowning at her abrubt departure I kept looking over to the entrance of the conference room but no sign.

Anxiety was creeping in me now, she knew how important this is to me. What is taking her so long, I hope she is okay! Shekhawat's weren't here yet which only fuelled my anxiety.

" Cabir...I'll..." I spoke grabbing Cabir's attention but before I could go on and excuse myself to look for her, she graced us. Hurriedly sitting on my left mouthing a sorry, before we could indulge in any conversation the tension in the air grew.

----------------

Nandini's pov:

    Shekhawat's entered right by my trail, apprehensive of Manik's reaction my eyes shifted to him, only to see his demeanor unusually calm I was surprised would be an understatement. Did Avya di's words really had that impact on him, the fact that she means the world to him was not unknown to me but I had solemnly seen him in any such situations to tell. But at the moment seeing his composed and poise self it really did bwilder me.

What they shared as a bond was way too stronger and precious for words to live up to, he really meant when he said his sister is and always will be his world.

Was it really the calm, or was it facade...if by now I can tell one thing betting on my life is that Manik Malhotra is fucking unpredictable. I can read through him, yes but only the pages he turns. There is always something nobody has a clue about and it mosy certainly has lethal consequences.

Stealthily I sneaked my hand in his making him look at me and into my unsure eyes. Gently nodding at me with a small smile of assurance he kept his hard glare at them, cold, distinct, scary yet composed..

I couldn't imagine being on the other side of it, he looked scary....I haven't had an encounter with this Manik in the longest while, he almost felt like a different person now. My Manik was soft, his eyes are my home...so warm and comforting and the one beside me right now was anything but comforting.

Soon enough the meeting processed, it was going to be hours long shenanigan firm's over firm's presented their model wary of the everything said and done knowing this could bring Laurence to them.

An hour or so went by when Shekhawta's were told to proceed, if one thing that stayed constant throughout was Manik's stern glare at them time and again to be on the receiving end would be terrifying. He came off as a stealthy tiger waiting to pouce on his prey at the first fair opportunity, his patience petrified me it wasn't hidden, the fact that the strike which can follow would be leave them hollow.

------------------------

Manik's pov:

        Smirk! Was what his face stayed plastered with that stupid smirk only the junior not so skilled Shekhawat stood unfazed of the ordeal that would follow.

He thought he would spy on me pay people to betray me all this while, sneak in and out of Infinity arena. Suddenly out of nowhere stumble upon us with his childlike strategies and I wouldn't read between his obnoxiously twisted lines...well, once a douche always a douche.

He was too stupid to leave these many loop holes, firstly sneaking into Infinity in thay weird outfit, honestly he wasn't one ounce attractive for anyone sane to lay their eyes on him he could have just walked in and noone would care to notice...Albeit, here the credit goes to that weirdo Aryamaan. If not for him, I wouldn't have any leads as such.

So while this smartass was there, apparently deriving plans and plots to bring us down we already had a backup prepared. All those times away from Nandini and odd hours meeting had to pay off.

He thought he tricked me but...fooling the fool wasn't really difficult, let's just say he hasn't changed one bit in the past years, still the same...lame and dumb.

Dhruv! Dhruv! Dhruv! I feel sorry for what will come next, how are you gonna take your loser ass to your Dad..how sorry he'll be for your birth!
I genuinely want to sympathize but...nah, you deserve none!

The Junior jerk was about to leave his seat when Randhir stopped him, both him and I were confused. This wasn't how it was supposed to be...Dhruv was the one to look over this deal, expecting him to voice up was stupid like I mentioned, he has not changed one bit.

One glare from his father and he sat back mewing, Dhruv was dumb his father wasn't.

Randhir started with the presentation, curling my fingers in a fist I stared hard at his nonchalant demeanor...anger, disappointment, frustration ran through my nerves and I felt myself getting warmer at every word he spoke..

This fucker played me.

The entire room reverberating with appreciation at my work, he knew!..he bowed at them walking up to me with a nasty smirk plastering on his face..

Checkmate...Malhotra!

Voh bulandi kis kaam ki janab?

Insaan chadhe aur insaniyat utar jaye.....

~ unknown

Hey guys! Hope you liked the update lemme know in the comments, do vote if you did!-❤