21: Stuck!!!

Nandini's pov:

           It's been five hours we have been travelling, it was utterly difficult to fight the traffic but we made it somehow and now the lane was fairly less crowded away from the hustle of the city. The pace of the rain was also comparatively less in the region, somewhere out of Mumbai,either sides of the street was covered with trees bestowed with new life due to the recent shower, the greenery around making the environment look pleasing to eyes.

I have always held such impromptu showers close to my heart, fascinated at the way it breaths life into otherwise mundane one. I am fond travelling in rain been a fan of it since the very beginning, the entire time my eyes refused to leave the site outside the window, with the soothing music filling my eardrums the journey was not as bad as I imagined it to be. I let the serene feeling take over my senses and in no time I was in deep slumber..

-----------------------------------

Manik's pov:

       she plugged in her earphones as soon as we settled inside leaving no room for small talks or awkward conversation and that made me sigh in relief. I kept glancing her at frequent intervals over the hours simultaneously doing my work. I saw her lost in herself with a small smile that adorned her face.

There were some changes to be made in the presentation regarding the recent project and that caught my attention and got me hooked on to it for hours until I was finally done with it I shut my laptop and stretched to relax my sore muscles.

While I was stretching my neck my eyes drifted to her sleeping figure. She was sleeping in an uncomfortable posture her head was resting uncomfortably on the head rest. The first thought I had was to get her into a comfortable posture but decided against it, yet I couldn't avoid looking at her.

Finally after having enough I took a deep breath and moved a bit towards her and raised my hand in order to get her head in the right place. I was about to touch her face but she turned her face towards the opposite side and I immediately took my hand back and sighed in relief seeing her asleep. Thankfully the driver wasn't much attentive towards us and he wouldn't cuz he's well aware of the consequences.

I was about to get back to my place when I realized my cuff was stuck at the end of her sleeve. I was trying to remove that when I heard her cell ringing.

Trust me I had a mild panic attack. I was trying my best to remove it but failed miserably. I could see her slumber breaking and I experienced a severe adrenaline rush. When after multiple attempts the cuff didn't came off, I pulled it one last time with a little force and it finally did come out but I guess it was too late by then as she was already up..

----------------------------------

Nandini's pov:

           The constant buzzing and ringing of my cell broke my slumber. I woke up opening my eyes slowly only to make them wide like saucers as i saw him too close to me. I guess he was equally shocked both of us went blank for a while and were just starring at each other until our eyelock more like shock-lock was broken by my cell which won't stop ringing. He got back to his place maintaining a decent distance between us and I took the call with trembling hands half because of the temperature inside the car which was freezing cold and half cuz of the recent happening. I took the call only to realise it was Chachi.

" Nandu,kaha pahochi kuch idea hai thek hai na tu, baarish hai kya vaha zyaada" she said.

" Chachi mujhe koi idea nhi hai ki hum kaha hai aur main thek hu pakka app plzz tension mat lo okay" I said assuring her. She was all the more worried when i informed her that we'll be travelling roadways and not airways as the route to goa is quite infamous for accidents...