C H A P T E R F O U R T Y-E I G H T

Nicole lied on Courtney's arm as they waited for Demetri in the waiting room of the hospital

Nicole lied on Courtney's arm as they waited for Demetri in the waiting room of the hospital. Moon had came as well, sitting beside Courtney and stroking her hand with her thumb as their hands were intertwined.

Nicole was sobbing uncontrollably into Courtney's shoulder, she hadn't stopped since the second Demetri's arm had been broken.

Amanda then stormed into the hospital, her focus on Sam.

"Another karate fight? What the hell were you thinking?" Amanda snapped.

"Mom..." Sam trailed off.

Moon then stood up. "I'm gonna go grab some coffees. Wanna join me, sweetie?"

Courtney silently nodded and Nicole lifted her head up so the girl could stand up.

"We'll be back. Let us know when Demetri's done." Moon said.

Sam nodded and the girls went on their way.

"Oh, my babies." Amanda sighed and sat in between them.

Nicole buried her head into the crook of Amanda's neck, continuing to sob.

"Are you girls okay?" She asked, now looking concerned.

"They broke Demetri's arm. I just wanted to show them that we couldn't be bullies." Sam sobbed.

Amanda pulled Sam in on her other sighed.

"And Nicole got her memory back." Sam added.

"Oh my god, honey!" Amanda looked over to her other daughter.

Nicole nodded. "I—I—He...I l-l-lo—loved h-him."

"Oh, Nicole, it's all right. It's gonna be okay. You girls are gonna be okay." Amanda assured.

"I couldn't do anything to stop him. I couldn't help him." Sam cried.

"M-me e-either. I-I-I couldn't m-move." Nicole panted.

"Sh, that's okay, don't blame yourselves. It's okay. You will both be okay. I promise."

Nicole sighed. She was tired of people making promises because they always get broken, just like her.

🌻

Nicole, Sam, and Anthony had spent a few days at their grandmother's house, just to get away for a bit.

Nicole didn't really say much the whole time, she just spent a lot of it staring at the window, keeping everything bottled up inside of her. She didn't want to talk about it because she didn't know what to say, and even if she did, she knew she would start sobbing the minute she opened her mouth.