Chapter 4:

You climbed out of bed with stiff, dead limbs. You stretched them out and listened to every individual pop they made. It was almost scary how easy your body could get frozen in place.

You had a long list of things to do to get ready for the day. First thing, take a shower.

You stepped into the bathroom. It was cold and dark, and you wanted to climb right back in bed. There'd be no point in going to school if you were going to be miserable for the whole day, right?

Shoving every second thought away, you turned on the hot water before stripping and stepping into the shower. You groaned a little at the hot water that abused your back.

"Strawberry....Aloe Vera....Honey..." You picked up random shampoo bottles, reading each scent as if it were medicine.

Finally you lifted up a coconut scented shampoo and decided on that one.

***

"I'm leaving!" You yelled.

"Be safe." Your mom replied from the kitchen, and she walked to you to give you a kiss on your forehead.

"I will." You smiled.

"How do you even know where you're going?"

"I made a friend." You hummed, and you were out the door.

Your steps hit the concrete, the force ricochetting back into your body as you walked. You didn't want to be late, and you had no idea what time school even started. The last thing you wanted was to be late.

A small coffee shop faced you, and the worker eyed you suspiciously. You smiled and continued your walk. You could only remember a few key points from your journey yesterday, plus it was dark the last time you had been there.

Everything was quiet, which made you question if you were late or not. But the moment a familiar purple skirt and werewolf ears came into view, you smiled. You jogged a little.

"Hey, Clawdeen!" You called.

She turned to you and smiled.

"Hey ghoul!" She ran at you.

You stopped, unsure of her motive, and allowed yourself to be drowned in a mixture of purple faux fur and brown hair. You wrapped your arms around her instinctively.

She buried her face into your neck and squeezed. You didn't move.

"I'm so glad you remembered where we were at last night!" She huffed, and she pulled away.

"Yeah." You chuckled. "I was really worried that I wouldn't get here!"

Clawdeen's smile only grew, and she hugged you again. You laughed and pushed your nose into her coat like she had done to you.

"Come on!" She grabbed your hand and dragged you off down the street.

You giggled at her as she pulled you, your legs barely being able to keep up with hers.

💜💜💜💜💜 Clawdeen's P.O.V💜💜💜💜💜

I smiled at her giggles, and the sudden urge to hug her filled me again. She was so soft!

Just hug her.

I turned around again and gave her another embrace. Then, I nuzzled into her. Her giggles filled my ears, and I smiled. She smelled so good!

Stop smelling people. That's weird!

My arms went around her waist perfectly, her body fitting into my arms with no effort.

So warm..

She pulled away. Tears threatened to fall almost immediately, the feeling of security and comfort being torn away from me.

No! Come back! Please!!

"What time does school start?" She asked.

"8:45." I replied, forcing a smile on my face.

Please! I need you! Come back!

"Well we don't want to be late!" She hummed.

Come back!

The need to touch her itched my throat. It clawed its way through my lungs and up to my face. I linked arms with her, and the feeling went away almost immediately.

"Hey!"

I froze. I should have known that we would be interrupted.

"Hey, Frankie." I forced a smile on my face and turned to her. The whole group was behind her.

"Who's your friend?" Draculaura grinned, and she clung to Clawd's arm.

"This is..."

I hate this. I hate them. I hate them I hate them I hate them I hate them I hate them I hate them I hate them I hate them I hate them I hate them I hate them I hate them I hate them I hate them I hate them I hate them.

"(Y/N)."

She stuck her hand out to shake, and Draculaura shook her hand giddily. I growled.

Don't touch her don't touch her don't touch her don't touch her don't touch her don't touch her don't touch her don't touch her don't touch her don't touch her don't touch her don't touch her don't touch her don't touch her don't touch her.

"Yeah! So she's new, so I'm going to show her the way to school!" I pulled her back. She didn't seem phased.

"Oh, cool! We'll come along too!" Frankie hummed.

"Oh, no I got it."

"Why do it alone when we could all take her?" Cleo asked.

"Because....because she gets nervous around new monsters!" I lied.

(Y/N) looked at me questioningly. I made eye contact, screaming at her to keep quiet. She did.

The other ghouls looked at each other before nodding. "Oh, well I hope she warms up to us soon!" Frankie smiled.

"Yeah, we understand!" Lagoona chimed in.

"Thank you ghouls!" I grinned, and I turned back to her. We walked off together, leaving the others behind.

"Explain?" She demanded.

My ears sat flat on my head. "Well...they like to skip, and I didn't want them to get you to join."

It was the partial truth. They did like to skip, but that wasn't why I didn't want her near them. They would steal her. I couldn't let her out of my grip now that I have her.

(Y/N) looked at me funny before cracking a smile. "I don't fall into peer pressure easily."

"I know! They just have a way of making people do what they want."

I would know.

"Are you friends with them?"

"I mean...yeah." I admitted. "But they just..."

She nodded. "Make things complicated?"

I smiled a bit. I knew she'd understand.

"Thanks for not selling me out." I glanced at her. Her eyes never left the trail infront of us.

"Why would I?"