Chapter 6:

"Oh!" You beamed, looking into the window of a small clothing boutique. Clawdeen grinned at you as she walked closely beside you.

"Look! I love that skirt!" You allowed your feet to lead you to the shop, and you pressed your hands against the glass. You pointed repeatedly at the skirt, leaving Clawdeen to peer at it.

"It's blue." She hummed.

"Yeah!" You replied.

She squinted her face and looked through the shop doors. A rack filled with skirts of different styles and colors littered it. It had obviously caught her eye.

"You don't like it?" You pouted.

"What?" Clawdeen snapped her attention to you again. "No, of course I do! But you have nice hips...blue normally doesn't match nice hips when it's on a skirt."

You nodded understandingly. It was incredible the amount of fashion information your friend contained.

"If you want that style, then we'd be better off in either a warmer color, like pink, or a darker or brighter color, like neons or grays." She pointed her head in the direction of the rack. "But if you like blue, we can find another style that'll suit you!"

You giggled and shook your head. "Oh, no." You hummed. "I could never wear something like that outside."

Clawdeen pouted. "What? Why not?"

"Because. No one actually goes out wearing that." You smiled and brought your stare back to the mannequin.

"Maybe where you're from, but here, you can wear whatever! Come on, let's go!"

She linked her arm in yours and tried to drag you to the shops doors. You held your feet firmly in the ground.

"I don't have money, either." You admitted.

Clawdeen looked to the ground in thought before lifting her head up again. "Then we can just look and match outfits."

"Just go." Clawd, who had been silent until then, nudged you in the stores direction. "No one can judge you, I mean look at us."

You gave a half smile before gazing at Clawdeen. She smiled at you warmly and tried to walk again. This time, however, you allowed her to lead you to the shop.

"Hi! How can I help ya?" A perky, black haired fish monster greeted you the moment you walked in the door.

"We wanted to look at your skirts, please?" Clawdeen bounced on her heels, making her own skirt fluff up and down. You watched it, almost mesmerized by the fabric.

"Of course, hunny! Right over there!" She pointed a long, webbed finger in the direction of the skirt rack. "If you need any help pairing, just shout!"

Clawdeen nodded before making her way to the rack with you in tow. Clawd sent the woman a simple smile before following.

"Okay, there are different types." Clawdeen began. "You have a more natural curve to you, so we should try a mini first!"

She shuffled through the racks and handed anything she liked to Clawd. You turned around and eyed a pair of boots.

"I'll be right back." You mumbled, making your way to the shoes.

Clawdeen didn't respond. You lifted up the pair of boots and studied the leather material. The same woman from before walked to you and propped a hand up on her hip.

"They're nice, aren't they?" She asked.

"Yeah." You chuckled. "I wish human designers had these ideas."