Chapter 13:

Clawdeen tapped her foot impatiently as she darted her head around the room. Any new sound that entered her ears, she whipped her head in the direction of. You would be showing up at any minute, and she didn't want to miss you walking in.

Clawdeen watched as the hand on the clock turned from 7 to 7:30, then to 7:45. Her gut turned in anticipation. Surely you wouldn't stand her up, right?

So then what was taking so long? Did Draculaura stop you? Did you get into an accident?? Did you get kidnapped??

So many possibilities rambled through her mind, no matter how impossible they seemed.

You, however, stared at Clawdeen through the diner's windows. Your nerves were scrambled, and you wanted nothing more than to just leave. You had been standing outside since 6:50, when you first noticed her sitting there. You wished you could have stayed outside forever, but time was ticking, and you were already very late.

You opened the door, sending the bell into a chiming alarm. Clawdeen's pupils dilated at the sound, and she turned to face the door.

She locked eyes with you.

Her breathing became heavy and distracting, while yours was restricted and tightening in your throat. You held the eye contact and pushed through the intimidation.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, you slid into the booth opposite to Clawdeen. Her eyes didn't leave your face.

"Well?" You snapped. "Speak!"

She began stuttering and skipping sentences, not being able to form any coherent words. You exhaled calmly, trying to keep your patience to the best of your abilities.

"Look." You interrupted her pathetic mumbling. She dabbed at her makeup, which had been smeared across her face. "I don't know what's been going on with you. Please explain it to me."

"Explain what to y-you?"

"What you feel."

Clawdeen stared at you blankly. You tapped your fingertips on the table in a simple rhythm, and Clawdeen's body began to unconsciously sway to your beat. You furrowed your brows. What the fuck was wrong with her?

After a few silent minutes, she opened her mouth.

"I-I love you..."

"I've never dated a girl." You stated plainly. "I'm not gay."

Clawdeen blinked at your statement. You...weren't gay? So......so you didn't like her?

Clawdeen wanted to laugh. That was it?? That's what was keeping you from her? Clawdeen couldn't believe it! Of course you were gay! You just didn't realize it!

You were still blinded by your surroundings. Everyone wanted you to be straight, so you were! Clawdeen was sure that the real you would come out at some point.

"Hello?" You waved in her face to break her from her silent trance. "I'm still here, you know."

Clawdeen exhaled. "I-I'm sorry...you're not...gay?"

You shook your head no. "I loved being your friend, but I just don't like women like that."

She nodded silently. Then, she inhaled deeply. "I think you haven't found yourself yet, (Y/N)."

You glared. "I know myself better than you, Clawdeen. I don't like women."

"Can I kiss you?"

You hushed at her question. She stared into your eyes. Any anxiety and hesitation that was once there was now long gone. You waited for her to giggle and signal it was a joke, but she didn't. She held her stare firmly, and she didn't budge when you began to chuckle.

"No, you can't."

"Why not?"

"Because! I'm not fucking gay!"

"Who said?"

"Me!"

"Was it you? Or were you forced into thinking it? Are you actually straight, or are you just afraid of what others will think of you?"

You stopped. Well? Were you afraid? You didn't think so.

"I was afraid of coming out, too." Clawdeen admitted. "Well, I'm still not out yet. But we can come out together."

You frowned. "I'm not fucking gay. Stop fucking asking me that."

"Then what will a kiss do?"

"What?"

"If you're not gay, then you won't feel anything from the kiss. So what's the issue?"

It was hard to argue with her reasoning. If you really were straight, then the kiss wouldn't turn you on and instead seem weird. You, too, were curious as to how it would feel. But you weren't curious enough to try it!

You sighed. "I don't want a kiss from you."

"Why not?"

"Because, I-" you groaned. "I don't have to tell you again."

"I get it, you're not gay. But we can just kiss. Just one pop kiss, just to see what it'd be like."

Your eyes dropped from hers to her lips. There was no lipstick, and instead a smooth gloss finish was on them. You would be lying if you said that Clawdeen wasn't pretty. She was absolutely gorgeous, but you weren't gay!

Or were you?

You sighed at your mental frustration.

"Fine." You whispered. "Just one-one kiss."

Clawdeen's eyes lit up.

"But not here."

Her heart sank.

"Where at, then?" She asked.

"You can come to my house. Or I can go to yours. I don't want to be around people."

"You don't want to be judged?"

"No. I don't."

***

The walk to Clawdeen's house was silent. She kept her distance from you, and you did the same.

Clawdeen's stomach bubbled with excitement. Was she actually going to get to kiss you? Would you actually let her? She felt as if her heart would explode.

You, on the other hand, held fear and nervousness. You were going to kiss a girl for the first time. Was it different than a boy? Was it better? Was it worse? Was it weird? Was it hot? You didn't know, and your uncertainty left a hot pit of anxiety in you.

Your eyes flicked to Clawdeen's house. She led you to the front door, then to the livingroom, then through the long hallway, and then to her bedroom.

You entered her bedroom, now with a different view on it. You were alone. With a gay girl. And you may or may not be attracted to her. You didn't know how to feel!

Clawdeen shut the door behind you and locked it. You sat on her desk chair and watched her move the handle to check if it was locked.

Once she assured it was, she turned to you.

You awkward and out of place as Clawdeen stepped over to you. She lifted your chin with her long, dark fingers. Her perfume clouded your mind, almost giving you a migraine from its intensity. Her face inched closer to yours, and you resisted the urge to move away.

"Are you ready?" She breathed.

Clawdeen felt drunk. She had always imagined this moment with you, but never thought it would actually come true!

"W-What?" You asked.

"I said, are you ready?"