Chapter 9:

You stood as still as possible, making occasional eye contact with Clawd as Clawdeen finished a few stitches. She held her hand out to him, and he placed a sewing pin in it.

After a few more stitches, she tied a knot in the string and patted your shoulder.

"Done?" You asked.

"Yep!"

You carefully stepped off of the stool you had been standing on and walked to the mirror.

The dress hung around you beautifully, giving you the appearance of royalty. You blushed a deep shade of red, almost matching the color.

"I know I didn't have any pink fabric...but it still looks good..right?" Clawdeen pushed, almost as if she needed to hear your praise.

Maybe she does need praise. Maybe that's how she thrives. Why hold it back from her?

"It's so pretty!" You commented. "I feel so much more confident. I wanna wear it out!"

Her aura changed immediately as she smiled and giggled. She acted as if she were stoned, as if the compliments were some type of drugs.

"I think you should wear it out." Clawd hummed.

"Where would we go though?" You laughed loudly. "There's no where were I can dress like a queen."

"There's that nice Italian restaurant." Clawdeen pointed out.

"I don't have-"

"Great idea! I'll go put on a suit and grab my cash!"

Clawd ran from the room, his energy radiating from the walls.

Clawdeen giggled at you as she watched you twirl in the mirror. Your happiness radiated onto her, making her smile widely at your reaction to the dress. She was proud of her skills.

Your smile transferred onto Clawd, who had stepped in the room to ask a question.

"You look stunning." He breathed.

You giggled and wrapped your arms around Clawdeen's neck and leaned against her. You nuzzled into her cheek.

"Thank my best friend! She's the one with the skill good enough." You hummed.

Clawdeen blushed and pulled you into a tight hug. She pushed her face against your neck and inhaled deeply. You giggled louder and slowly stroked her hair. She pulled away and pushed Clawd from the room.

"Wait! Wait! Tie or bow?" He called.

"Tie!" You replied.

The door slammed shut, meaning that Clawdeen was ready for him to get out of the room. She turned to you and stepped over to her closet before opening the door.

Multiple dresses stayed on the rack. Your eyes glistened.

"Choose one for me." She hummed.

"You're the one with fashion sense!" You laughed.

"I don't care. I want your taste in clothes."

You pulled dress after dress off the rack. Finally, you settled on a black bodycon dress with sequins on it. She smiled and took it into her hands.

"I'll be back."

***

You shifted awkwardly as you stepped out of Clawd's car.

"Are you sure I look okay?" You asked.

Clawdeen smiled and winked. "You look perfect!"

Your makeup had been done by Clawdeen, and you had borrowed a pair of her heels. You cleared your throat and watched as Clawd held the door open for you. You stepped into the restaurant and gawked at the amount of well dressed people.

"I'm trash compared to these people." You whispered.

Clawdeen stifled a giggle. "No, you're worth so much more than them."

"No! Look at her necklace!"

"Exactly. Fake diamonds. You're the prettiest one here."

You blushed at her comment and focused ahead again as Clawd talked to a woman at the front. She directed you over to a table, and you three headed there immediately.

"She smells like a grandma." Clawd gagged, and he made eye contact with an older lady.

"She is a grandma." You snorted.

***

You stepped out of Clawd's car with a wide grin on your face.

"We'll meet you here tomorrow, okay?" Clawdeen smiled.

You nodded. "Okay! See you then!"

You watched them pull out of your driveway before walking to your front door. You opened it quietly.

"Oh, my!" Your mom gasped.

She gawked at your dress, taking in every detail.

"You like it?" You asked, and you did a small spin for her.

"Absolutely!!"

"My friend made it."

"Your friend?"

"Yep! Her name is Clawdeen. She's a werewolf." You hummed.

"Oh." Your mom replied. "Is she nice?"

"Yes." You laughed.

"She hasn't done anything weird?"

"No!" You laughed harder.

"None of her trying to cook you for dinner?!"

By then, you both had burst out into laughter. You hugged your mom and went to your room before admiring yourself in the mirror.

It looks so good. I never knew I had these kinds of curves.

Your eyes were so focused on the mirror that you didn't see the small pair or wolf ears peeking out from your windowsill.