Chapter 15:

You woke to the smell of breakfast cooking and opened your eyes. Barely any light filtered in through the dark curtains, leaving you to wonder where you were.

You tried to move, but failed to. With a simple glance down, you realized why you couldn't get up.

Clawdeen was asleep against your bare chest, her cheek pressed against your breasts as she cuddled you in her arms. Her naked form clung to yours, refusing to move or make any noises.

You didn't know if she was asleep or not, so you pulled her hair from her face. She wiggled her nose and pushed against you further. You smiled and ran your fingers through her hair before petting her ears.

She woke with a smile. Her eyes fluttered open and shut as she crawled up to your face to give you a small peck kiss on the nose. You giggled and swiped her away.

Clawdeen grabbed your hands and held them against the mattress to give you another kiss. You wiggled your arms free and cupped the sides of her face to deepen it.

Before it could get too much, you pulled away.

"Goodmorning." You smiled.

She grinned. "Mm, morning baby."

You shivered. You'd have to get used to the pet names, that's for sure.

"We're late for school." You hummed.

She shrugged. Clawdeen knew she should care, but she just couldn't. Not with you, her dream girl, laying next to her. She nuzzled against you and gave your cheek a kiss. You wiggled free from her grasp and grabbed your underwear, which had been thrown across the room in your heated love from the previous night. Clawdeen sat up and covered her chest with the blanket.

You eyed her. Her hair had been tangled and thrown over her face, and her ears were down in a relaxed position. She gave you a sweet smile.

"Why'd you have to get up?" She asked.

You shrugged. "I don't wanna lay around all day."

"Well, here." Clawdeen crawled to the foot of the bed and pulled up one of her black and purple hoodies. "Wear this."

You noted the size of it. It seemed too big for Clawdeen, which meant it would swallow you whole.

"It won't fit." You hummed.

She tossed it to you, and you allowed it to fall from her hand to the ground. You raised an eyebrow at her.

"Please?" She pouted. "I've always wanted to see you in my clothes."

You huffed and slid on the hoodie, leaving your pants at your ankles. The sleeves fell over your hands easily, and you raised them to show her.

Before you could say anything, Clawdeen had you wrapped up in a tight embrace. "You look so cute!"

You swatted her away and finished getting dressed. Clawdeen followed suite.

She watched you from the corner of her eye, not letting anything past her sight. You were absolutely perfect, and the joy of having you left her infected with a drugged feeling. She had never felt so light, so loved, so lucky before. You were a new beginning for her.

Her eyes studied your hands as they pulled your hair back and away from your face. Without thinking, she walked over to you and wrapped her arms around you. You stiffened in her hug.

"Why so tense, baby?" She hummed in your ear. "Why not relax?"

"I can't." You said.

Clawdeen gave you a confused look.

"This is the first relationship where I'm...I don't know. I'm just not used to being with..."

"A girl?" Clawdeen finished. You nodded.

"I love it. I do, I promise. It's just unusual."

"I was like that too." Clawdeen nodded. "I was contestant trying to tell myself that I was straight. That I liked guys. That I wasn't interested in women. But I started being honest, and I felt better."

"You did? Like, you weren't judged?"

"Of course I was." She pulled small hairs off of your neck and brushed down your arms with her fingers. "But you stop caring after a bit."

You hummed and pushed yourself further against her. She smiled and wrapped her arms around you in a cage-like form. Your eyes caught sight of a mirror, and you stared into your own reflection.

It felt as if a large weight was taken off your chest at the sight of you and Clawdeen. It made sense to you. You never were interested in men, only pressured into liking them. But with Clawdeen, you could be who you really were.

It felt as if a huge chunk was removed from your load to carry. Clawdeen was safe. Clawdeen was protection and love and care. Clawdeen was who you were meant to be with, and as you stared into your own eyes, you noticed how perfectly you fit against her.

She was right. It didn't matter what anyone else said. You were happy with Clawdeen, and Clawdeen was happy with you. And in all honesty, you were sure your parents would be less concerned with the gender of your partner, and more with whether or not they were human.

But you didn't care. It was your relationship, your happiness. No one else's.

Clawdeen's door was cracked open, and a woman with short curly brown hair stuck her head in. It was Clawdeen's mom. Her eyes caught the both of you, but Clawdeen didn't seem to notice.

"Good morning, girls." She smiled. "I figured I'd let you sleep in, seeing how exhausting last night must've been for you two."

You shivered. She knew.

"Are you ready for breakfast?"

Clawdeen looked down at you and placed a tender kiss on your head. Instead of being upset, as you would have expected, Clawdeen's mom instead grinned even wider.

"We're ready." Clawdeen said. "We'll be there in a bit."

The door shut once again, and you slowly raised your eyes to meet Clawdeen's.

"She knew?" You whispered.

Clawdeen nodded. "It's okay, let's go eat."

"B-But everyone's down there!"

"And you're not a secret."

Clawdeen stood and allowed you to scurry to your feet. She held her hand out for you to grab.

"Ready?" She asked.

You thought about it for a moment. Were you? If you went downstairs, then your face of being straight was ruined. Everyone would know that you were gay. Everyone would know the truth. And everyone could judge.

You swallowed hard. You could always leave. You could always go home and cut off contact with Clawdeen. You could break up with her and stay alone for the rest of your life for your image.

It was a hard decision. Your reputation or your happiness. Which one was more important?

Without allowing anymore thoughts to go through your head, you stood.

Then, you shakily placed your hand into her tan, well manicured one.