Chapter 8:

You slid into Clawd's car easily. Clawdeen leaned against the seat in an attempt to keep her legs from bouncing in anticipation. You giggled at her and shut the car door.

"It's 7:30 in the morning!" You said. "Why are you so energetic?"

"You get to come over to my house! And I'm gonna make you that dress! And you're gonna look so good in it!" She squealed, her cheeks erupting into a bright pink.

Clawd groaned. "Oh, shut up! It's too early!"

Clawdeen huffed and scooted beside you as you buckled up.

"I think I'm going to do a really pretty a-line dress." She whispered.

You nodded. "I think it'll look good!" You whispered back.

"Shut up!" Clawd huffed, and he put the car in drive before carefully pulling off down your street.

"What's got your panties in a knot?!" Clawdeen barked.

He shrugged. "I just don't feel like talking."

"You'll hear a lot of talking at school." You added.

Clawdeen nodded in agreement and flung herself back into her seat dramatically.

The black leather was cold against your revealed thighs. The skirt Clawdeen had bought for you the day before was comfortable, so you just had to wear it. But as you shivered and pulled down the material, you wondered if you hadn't been thinking clearly.

"I think I'll be fine." His tone was softer when addressing you.

You looked down, your comfort zone back in its place and you taking your place right in the center of the 'comfort walls'. Clawd shifted and looked in the rearview mirror, making eye contact with Clawdeen, who then huffed and rolled her head to look out of the smudged windows.

You looked at Clawd. "What?"

He shook his head.

"No, what? I wanna know." You pouted.

Clawd exhaled and gripped the wheel harder. "Draculaura and I are breaking up. She's mad at us, and probably won't get over it until tomorrow. Until then, she's gonna make life hell."

"For who?" You asked. "Me?"

"All of us." Clawdeen frowned. "Love the ghoul, but she can't handle rejection."

"So...I'm included..?"

"You're my new bestie, right?"

"Well-"

"Exactly."

"I say we skip, but miss thing in the backseat won't let us." Clawd looked at Clawdeen from the rearview mirror again.

"It's not right to let (Y/N) skip just because we don't wanna go!" She yelped.

You shrugged. "I don't see the harm in skipping."

"Really?" Clawd gave you a half grin and pulled up to a stop sign before putting on his right blinker.

"Yeah, why not?"

"Say less!"

Clawd whipped the car into a U-Turn and sped down the street again. You watched as your house passed the car, then your neighbors, then other houses you didn't know about.

You squealed and held onto Clawdeen, who gripped your wrists as she gritted her teeth.

Wow. She's pretty.

The car came to a stop, and you breathed outwards. Clawdeen smoothed her hair down and growled out.

Clawd smirked. "Look, we're here!"