Chapter 38:

Clawdeen was awoken the next morning to loud banging on the house door. She tiredly checked the time. It was 8:48 in the morning.

Another loud bang came, and Clawdeen mumbled curses under her breath as she made her way to her closet to change into a set of decent clothes. She quickly looked in the mirror and nodded. She looked presentable.

She stepped from her bedroom, but before she could make her way to the door, your soft voice came from the other side of the master bedroom door.

"Clawdeen?" You asked.

"Yes, baby?" She cooed.

"Who's at the door?"

"Let me check and I'll let you know, okay?"

"Can you let me out?"

"Sure thing."

Clawdeen quickly undid the ropes and allowed you to step from the bedroom. You looked around with wide eyes, and your pupils we're dilated to their max. You felt spaced out, imaginary, clouded.

Clawdeen could tell you were uncomfortable being out in the open after what seemed like forever. She gave you a quick kiss on the cheek and made her way to the door where a third loud knock sounded.

"Coming!" She called.

She approached the door with a sigh.

"It's the police! May we come in?" A voice called.

Clawdeen checked the peephole in the door as her blood ran cold. She couldn't believe her eyes! It was the cops!

She calmed her breathing and put on a fake face before opening the door. "Hello? Can I help you?"

"We'd like to come in and speak with Clawdeen Wolf please." One of the officers replied.

She frowned. "No, you can't come in."

"But-"

"I want to see a warrant! Don't come back until you have one."

Clawdeen hastily slammed the door shut and grimaced. She had never been so close to a panic attack in her life. She turned on her heel but stopped suddenly. You looked around in wonder behind her. It were as if you had never seen a house before in your life.

You didn't notice her admiring stare. Instead, you focused on the popcorn roof and tried to make a pattern out of it.

Clawdeen watched your hair bounce and slide with every turn of your head. She watched your eyes look around the room, you seemed to be in a daze she had never known was possible.

"What's wrong?" She asked, and she approached you carefully.

You flinched at the sudden movement, not having been around anything alive (besides the maggots, which you still felt sick over) in a while. You shivered as she slowly reached out to graze her fingers across your arms. She enveloped you into a hug. You stood stiffly, unsure if you hated Clawdeen for locking you up or loved her for letting you free.

You decided you'd stick with both and reluctantly hugged her back.

She pulled away with concern on her face. She wiped a piece of hair from your eyes and gave a sweet, reassuring smile. "Baby?"

"Y-Yeah?" You asked.

Your own voice felt so foreign. You hadn't used it in what was possibly months, and you hadn't expected it to sound so...tired.

"What's wrong?"

You shook your head no and looked to the hard wood floor, watching as the pattern seemed to swirl around.

"Who was at the door?" You changed the subject quickly.

"The police." She sighed. "Speaking of, we leave here tomorrow. You understand? We're leaving and we're going to go to somewhere far away and we won't ever worry about being caught again."

You nodded and sighed. She took you into her arms once more and hugged you tightly.

"I can't let people take you from me, hunny. I can't let someone else have you. I can't let someone else love you. You're mine. All mine."

You nodded again. "I understand."

You turned on your heel quickly and made your way to the bedroom you missed so much. Clawdeen followed.

"You know, I'd like it if you were to sleep with me tonight. It's been so long since we've gotten to cuddle."

You shrugged. "Okay."

She gave another sweet yet genuine smile. "I'm so excited! We can cuddle and kiss and, ack! I've missed you!"

She tackled you and threw you onto the bed, holding you to her tightly.

Oh, how she missed you. She missed your gentle touch. She missed your cute giggles. She missed your happy smile. She missed your strong, intoxicating scent. She missed you so much.

You, on the other hand, had mixed feelings. Sure, she was a murderer, but you loved her so much. She was your comfort, your only source of happiness now.

You sighed as you realized that you had Stockholm syndrome. You were plenty aware of the severity of your situation, but you lost the ability to care about your lack of control. You didn't care about anything other than Clawdeen.

You had decided on one thing: you were definitely fucked.