Chapter 20:

You and Clawdeen relaxed in her home, both of you cuddled up to one another. She kept your head under her chin as she slowly pet your hair. Your eyelid dropped with exhaustion, and the feeling of her fingertips being dragged across your scalp was soothing to whatever had been plaguing your mind.

It was anger that had been bothering you, you knew that. How could she just treat you that way? How could she have no respect for you?

But you didn't want to think about it. You only wanted the situation to be better. You wanted her to be better. You didn't want things to go on as they had been. You were ready for a change in actions, and it felt as if Clawdeen wasn't ready to give in and change. You were beyond frustrated by this point.

You were tired of having to deal with issues all on your own. You felt abandoned and unheard in the relationship, which weighed you down.

"Are you still mad?" She asked.

You sat upright, the reminder of your emotions making you feel distant to her.

"Yes." You said simply. "And I have a right to be, Clawdeen."

"I'm sorry.." she pouted.

You looked over at her. She held a puppy look in her eyes, and you turned away from her. "That wasn't okay, Clawdeen. You can't lash out on me just because you're upset. I was helping you."

"Why won't you forgive me?" Her tone immediately switched, and she held an attitude as she spoke. "I've apologized, what else do you want from me?"

"You to actually be sorry." You glared.

"I am!"

"No, sorry means you'll fix it. Sorries are useless if there isn't an action behind it."

"See, this is how problems always start with you." She rolled her eyes. "You should forgive me. I didn't even do anything that bad."

You huffed. She was right, it wasn't that big of a deal and yet you were dragging it out. Maybe you were the problem instead of her.

"Fine." You huffed, once again feeling invalidated. "I forgive you."

"Now, tell me you won't defend them."

"I didn't defend them!"

"See? You're defending them."

"Fine!" You huffed again. You felt ignored and unseen. "I won't defend them!"

"Good!" She leaned forwards to give you a kiss, but you felt cold. You didn't want the kiss. You wanted to be understood, or at least heard.

"Let's go get food." You said. She shrugged.

"Okay!"

You stood and slid on your shoes. Clawdeen stared at you dreamily, and you turned to face her. "What?"

"Thank you for not defending them."

"Yeah, sure." You nodded. "I'll be at the front door."

You left the room, completely broken from how little she cared for your mental well-being. Clawdeen watched you leave before sighing.

She felt wrong, too. She felt like she was being unreasonably jealous. She felt like no one should hold her back from a fight, especially you. You should have fought with her! You shouldn't have pulled her back.

Clawdeen remembered how they stared at you. She remembered how their eyes ate at you hungrily. She remembered how Frankie fixed her hair before approaching you. She remembered everything Draculaura said. She remembered every situation, every emotion.

And then a thought popped in her head.

She wouldn't have to worry or be upset if they were gone. She wouldn't have to worry if you were with her all the time.

Clawdeen wanted them to die. She wanted the girl group to be slaughtered like pigs.

And she wanted to do it.

She pulled her phone out from her pocket and pulled up Frankie's contact. She began typing.

Clawdeen:
Hey ghoul! Sorry for being so mean. We should try again! How about you and the others meet me and (Y/N) at our old hangout spot in the graveyard?

Frankie:
Sure! When?

Clawdeen:
Tomorrow maybe?

Frankie:
Ofc! See you then!

Clawdeen didn't text after that. It made her sick to her stomach to be kind to them, but if her plan was going to work it would have to happen.

But it was alright, she knew she'd get them back for it.

"Clawdeen!" You yelled from the front door. She scurried down the hall to you.

"I-I'm here!"

"Come on." You motioned for her to follow. "What were you even doing?"

"Oh, um...setting up a doctor's appointment for tomorrow!"

"Oh, cool. Want me to go?"

"No!" She yelled. Then, she slowly lowered her head. "It's the gynocologist."

"Oh." You hummed, and you dropped the subject immediately after.