Chapter 29:

You and Clawdeen walked up to the house and onto the porch. The porch was pleasant, as it had little plants and decorations on it. You waited patiently as Clawdeen knocked on the door.

It opened slowly, and an older, greying woman stepped to the doorway. She locked eyes with you before transferring her gaze to Clawdeen. The woman grinned and nearly jumped in the air, then she scooped Clawdeen up into a tight hug.

You stared at them, too uncomfortable to speak to them about the problem at hand. You still weren't sure how long you had to stay with them, and you felt odd even thinking about it.

"Well, what're you standing there for?" The woman joked to you and Clawdeen. "Come on in! I'm sure your grandpa will be delighted to see you!"

You stepped in the house after Clawdeen, the smell of food filling your lungs. An older man stepped in the room and smiled. "Ah, Clawdeen! I'm so glad to see you!"

Clawdeen smiled at them and waved. "I'm going to put these bags in the bedroom, I'll be right back!"

She ran to the guest room, leaving you alone with her grandparents.

"So, do you like roast?" The grandma asked. You nodded.

"Yes ma'am, I can eat anything."

"Good, good. So, you and Clawdeen?"

"Oh, yes... we're together."

"Well." She held a smile, one that told you she was displeased. "I'm supportive of your relationship."

"Thank you." You nodded.

Clawdeen approached you and placed her hand on your shoulder. "Why don't you take a shower, baby? I know you love your showers."

You nodded and was led to the bathroom. Clawdeen gave you a kiss before shutting the door behind her, leaving you alone in a strange and alienated bathroom. You began stripping slowly, taking your time to take off the disgusting, overworn clothes that you had used for the last few days. You started the water and stepped in, allowing the steam to block your vision.

Meanwhile, Clawdeen sat at the dining table with her grandparents. She smiled politely, showing her gratitude towards them.  "Thank you for letting me and my girlfriend stay."

"Of course, sweetie! You know we love you." Her grandma responded.

She nodded. "Yes, thank you so much!"

"As for your relationship..." Her grandma began.

"Oh, I know." Clawdeen looked at her lap. "But I love (Y/N) and would do anything for her."

"I didn't say it was wrong, Clawdeen." She tisked. "I was just asking about it."

"Oh." She blushed. "That's....thank you grandma."

"Of course." Her grandma peeked over at the bathroom. "Is she done yet? I want to get her a plate made."

Clawdeen furrowed her brows. "Sure, let me check."

She lifted herself from the seat and made her way to the bathroom. She sat her hand on the knob, preparing herself to enter the bathroom. Right when she was about to turn it, it was unlocked and turned on its own. The door opened, and you stepped out into the hall with Clawdeen.

"Oh." You said. "What're you doing?"

"I was coming to get you. It's dinner time, anyway. Grandma said to come get you."

"Oh, okay." You nodded, and you held your used, damp towel out to Clawdeen. She grabbed it immediately and led you to the kitchen.

"I'll be back." She said. "I've got to throw this in the wash."

Clawdeen left immediately after and ran to the laundry room. She shut the door carefully before looking at the towel she held in her hands. She allowed her imagination to run wild at the places you had dried with the towel she now had in a tight grip.

She put the towel to her face and huffed in the scent. She grabbed it with both hands tightly and continued to breathe it in, cutting off her other senses. Only you filled her mind, leaving the outside world alone.

"Clawdeen!" Her grandmother called. Clawdeen dropped the towel and allowed her fuzzy mind to ease itself.

"Coming!" She called back, and she threw the towel in the dirty clothes hamper before returning to the dinner table.