Chapter 36:

Clawdeen's mom sat on the couch with her baby. They were watching children's tv shows, enjoying the stimulating colors and childish jokes. A sudden knock on the door released her from her thoughts, and she sat her baby on the couch to get up. She made her way to the door and checked in the peephole.

2 police officers stood outside the door, a serious expression on their face. She gasped and thought over every possibility of why they were there but couldn't think of a single reason. She inhaled deeply, mentally preparing herself for what was to come. Then, she opened the door with a fake smile.

"Hello, officers! How can I help you?" She asked.

"We're in search of a girl, your daughter, Clawdeen Wolf?" One replied. "We were wondering if you had seen her any in the past few weeks?"

"No, I haven't." She answered honestly. "She left a few weeks ago, and I haven't even heard from her since."

"Any idea why she might have left?"

"Maybe her friends death? I know that bothered her a lot. She was acting very strange afterwards, maybe she thought the killer would be after her, too. Maybe that's why she left."

They shared a glance before looking back to Clawdeen's mom. "Ma'am, your daughter.....her DNA was found at the crime scene."

Clawdeen's mom blinked. It wasn't clicking in her head, why would her daughters DNA be there?

"I-I don't..." She didn't want to think the worst.

"Clawdeen is a murderer, ma'am. She killed those girls. And we think she could possibly kill her girlfriend, (Y/N), if we don't catch her fast enough."

Clawdeen's mother erupted into tears, and she fell to the ground. "There's no way!"

"Ma'am, we're sorry. Where is she? We need the address."

Clawdeen's mom stood and leaned against a wall, not able to find her own balance from the news she had received. After she had told them, they turned on their heels and ran from the doorway. Clawdeen's mother sobbed loudly. She couldn't believe her own daughter would kill her own friends!

She ran to the phone to dial Clawdeen's number. It rang four times before being declined, and she bit her bottom lip before putting the phone back on the receiver.

"Mommy?" Her baby called.

She wiped her tears and turned with a smile. "Yes, love?"

"Look! TV!"

"I see!"

Clawdeen's mother pushed aside her feelings and went back to sit with her youngest child.

Clawdeen sat at the kitchen table with her hands clasped under her chin. She watched her phone, seeing if it would ring once more. It didn't, and she flipped it over.

It had been many nights without sleep, and the dark circles had started to show under her eyes. She, too, was ready to go home. She was ready for life to go back to normal.

"Clawdeen?" Your soft voice came from the back room.

It snapped her from her trance and she clasped her hands tightly before standing. She had to go to the store, and she didn't want to do it at night.

Clawdeen grabbed her keys and, without replying to you, walked out the door.