Chapter Three - Surprise

Today is the first day of my internship at Chelsea and I'm really nervous. This could really affect my future and so it's very important that I present myself in a perfect way. Oh, and I will see Kai today. We have been going out quite often in the last few weeks but I kept my internship a secret so I can surprise him. Three days ago my boss for the time of my internship sent me the plans for today. The club wants to give the fans the chance to get to know the new players and so they planned some videos with Kai and Timo Werner. They planned things such as answering the most googled questions, a video where they ask the byos questions about each other, a who would rather video and a video where they have to name as many thing or people of once specific category as possible. I am supposed to explain to them what they have to do, to ask the questions and then I have to see that I create a good Instagram and twitter post that works as a teaser for the videos. It's nothing hard but I think it's really interesting and perfect for a first day.
As I arrive at my workplace for the next three months a kind looking woman is waiting for me already. "Hi, I'm Jean. You must be our newest team-mate Giovanna.", she says whilst shaking my hand and smiling nicely. I nod and answer: "Exactly. But please call me Gigi." She nods and then says: "Alright. Follow me please, I'll show you everything." I follow her through a door and excitedly look around me whilst she shows and explains everything to me. "So... As you can see everything over here is quite modern which was very important to us. We are supposed to present some creative content to the Chelsea fans and we wanted to have the best environment for us. That's why everything is modern but also cozy. As you can see the offices are quite open. We think that communication between our creators is very important but if someone needs some time alone the rooms can be closed. Down here the people work on Instagram and twitter posts.", she explains. It's really nice. Big windows let a lot of sun in, even when it's raining like today. Between the offices there are blue painted walls. The rooms can be closed with blue stained glass doors, those that also are in malls. You know what I mean?
Anyway, it looks really nice. The next floor is for editing Youtube Videos and for the Chelsea app. It looks the same as the ground floor. The third and last floor is a mixed space. There's a kitchen where the employees can cook, a cafeteria where they can eat, a little fitness studio, a video game room and a room with ping pong tables, billiard tables and those things. The only real work room is the room where the YouTube videos are filmed. It's a quite big room with bug windows that can be covered with curtains. Also there are some lights, a green screen and some computers. In front of the green screen there are chairs where the players can sit down.
"Okay. This is where you'll spend most of your time today. Mister Havertz and Mister Werner will arrive in a few minutes. Here are the game cards. Just explain them what they have to do, tell them how to do the intro, turn on the camera and then ask the questions. Phil, a colleague, will be here in half an hour and he'll watch you a little whilst cutting another video. When you're don't grab one of the photo cameras and take some pictures of them. For Instagram and twitter and a thumbnail for the video. When you're ready go to the ground floor and ask for Lenny. He'll show you your office there and you'll create a thumbnail and edit the pictures for Instagram. When you're done with that let him look at the pictures and if he's content you can post them on our Instagram channel. Then your day is over, okay? Any questions?", Jean says. I nod and answer: "Alright. I don't have any question. Thanks for explaining everything." She smiles and then leaves. I already start preparing the lights for videos. "Gigi ? What are you doing here?", I suddenly hear from behind. I turn around just to see Kai stare at me. Timo looks a little confused. "Surprise. I'm doing my internship here and I'll be your boss today.", I say and smile bright. Kai now also stops smiling. He steps towards me and hugs me while saying: "That's so cool! I can't wait to work with you every day!" I also wrap my arms around him and blush a little. "Me neither.", I whisper and then step back. I also say hello to Timo, then we start working.