Chapter 32 - Love

Marie's POV

"Gigi, I need your help!", I say whilst panically looking at my phone. "With what?", she asks, then she starts cutting some vegetables again. "What should I wear for the game? I can't decide!", I complain whilst ruffling through my hair. My best friend just smiles and says: "Go to the guest room and upen the closet. There is something for you and your brother." I frown but do what she's said. In the closet I find a bag with a few things. All from Manchester United. One children's full kit with socks and everything and one women's jersey in my size. Of course with Marcus' name and number on it. I immediately put it on and damn, I've never felt more beautiful! I just absolutely love it. Okay, I love Marcus and I love everything related to him.

"Oh my god, Gigi, thank you! But wasn't that expensive? I don't want you to spend money on me!", I say. My best friend just puts me off and says: "Kai helped me organise it. And you look absolutely adorable. Marcus will 100% fall in love with you even more." I deeply blush and smile whilst whispering: "Thank you. I hope so, it'd be awesome." "He will, Marie. I know he will.", Gigi says, then we change the topic.

A few hours later my little brother and I are in the stadium. Since it is November already it is pretty cold and so we are wearing jackets underneath our jerseys. We are sitting in the first row of the VIP area, together with Donny van de Beek's girlfriend Estelle. I think Marcus told her who we are, at least she knew from the beginning and she's very kind, I feel very welcomed by her.

Anyway, United is playing against West Bromwich Albion right now and we are leading 1-0. Bruno Fernandes scored a penalty. Currently it's only 15 minutes to go and United does everything to keep the three points whilst West Bromwich tries their best to get at least one. But to be honest I don't really watch the game, my eyes always follow Marcus. He's doing such a great job today and on top also looks so fucking fine. Red just suits him so damn well.

A few minutes later he gets substituted. He doesn't look too happy whilst leaving the pitch but on his way to the bench I catch his eyes and he starts smiling. That makes my heart burn and I blush deeply. Oh lord, what is this man doing to me? It's so fucking crazy! The stadium announcer announces the substitution and I shout Marcus' name with the other fans whilst still looking him in the eyes. His happy smile looks so damn cute and... Affectionate? I don't know but something about it shows a lot of love and that makes me absolutely crazy. Now all I have to do is tell him about my feelings.

After the game we and Estelle wait for some time, then Donny and Marcus finally show up. Estelle quickly introduces us to her boyfriend, then they kiss affectionately and I turn to Marcus. I wrap my arms around him and press myself against him as close as possible. "You were fantastic, Marcus! I am so proud of you!", I say whilst deeply inhaling his scent. Marcus also deeply inhales and then whispers: "How could I not play a good game whilst you are here in the stadium? You're my lucky charm.", causing me to blush once again. I don't know what to answer and so I just lean against him. He wraps his arms even closer around me and just holds me for a moment, then he says: "Let's go home, I think your brother is very tired." I agree and he takes both my and my brother's hands and together we walk to his car.

Having arrived in his house again we say good night to my brother and watch him go to bed, then we enter the living room. I already sor down on the sofa whilst Marcus gets us some snacks. He returns with a plate, filled with some mini pretzels, cheese, crisps, grapes and some other little things. Also he gets two glasses and some alcohol free champagne. He puts the snacks on the table and fills the glasses with the champagne. "Here you are.", he says, handing me one of the glasses, then he sits down very close to me and wraps an arm around me. I happily lean against him and again inhale his scent. Marcus chuckles, kisses my forehead and clinks glasses with me whilst looking me in the eyes. I absolutely get lost in his, this dark brown, almost black, is so fucking fascinating and beautiful.

We both take a sip of the champagne, then he turns on the TV and starts some movie. I put my glass on the table and snuggle up to Marcus a little closer. I put my head on his chest and just enjoy his warmth, his fingers ruffling through my hair and his heartbeat which I can hear through his chest. He wraps his arms around me very close and feathers light kisses on my face from time to time. I feel like I'm in a bubble of love, affection, safety and trust. In my chest the feelings for the Englishman burn like hell's fires.

I can't even concentrate on the movie, I just have to look at Marcus every few minutes. And sometimes taking my eyes off him is impossible. He's just too beautiful. I fascinatedly look at his face, letting my eyes follow every contoure of his face. Suddenly Marcus turns his head to me, probably he has noticed my staring. He runs his fingers through my hair and asks: "Why are you staring like that, Princess?" I blush deeply, break our eye contact for a moment as I look down and then whisper: "Because you're a blessing for my eyes and looking at you makes me happy." Marcus responds by chuckling quietly, then he softly lifts my chin with two fingers. "And looking at you makes me happy.", he whispers whilst looking me deep in the eyes.

I feel like everything around me stops again, just like yesterday morning. Our faces slowly move closer and I put one hand in his chest right over his heart and Bury the other one on his hair. He pulls me another millimetre closer, nothing, not even a piece of paper, would fit between us right now, then our lips finally meet again. Marcus' lips are so warm and soft and full and feel perfect on mine. They move slowly and in perfect sync with mine. It feels absolutely amazing, not only the touch of our lips but especially the love burning inside of my chest. This man just really drives me crazy and I am absolutely addicted to his love, warmth and lips. It feels like we're kissing for an eternaty, the most beautiful eternaty someone could ever experience, then we slowly separate our lips without really letting go of each other. Being so close to each other just feels way too good.

Marcus' hand brushes over my cheek whilst he looks me in the eyes again. "Wow. That... Was incredible. Marie... Will you be my girlfriend?", he says shily. I smile bright, nod and answer: "Yes!" before kissing him again.