Chapter Six - Shhhh, I'm Here

Kai and I didn't talk about the Kiss while we got ready for work and drove here. That made me kinda sad because I really would've loved to tell him about my feelings. It's just crazy. I've known Kai for a few weeks only and I already totally fell for him. And, what's even more crazy, I feel ready to tell him. You gotta know that my last relationship didn't end well, my ex was really abusive and due to that it's really hard for me to allow myself feelings and especially to tell others about them. But with Kai I just feel so safe. I know that he is different and so I really want to tell him what I feel. But since I'm working right now it's impossible. Fortunately Kai will pick me up after work today again and then I can tell him.
Right now I'm cutting an inside training video from yesterday's session. I really gotta hold back to not only put scenes with Kai in there. Seeing how happy he is when he's playing football is so nice. He looks so gorgeous with the smile on his face. I mean... He's gorgeous anyway but now he's even more beautiful. I cut the scenes in a way they fit together very well, then add music and filters, sometimes I also add a slow-motion effect. I love cutting videos, I've always loved it and I probably will always love it. Suddenly someone touches my shoulder. Mitch. "Hey beautiful, how're you?", he says whilst starting to massage my shoulders. It makes me feel very uncomfortable but I just can't move. Whenever someone touches me without me wanting that I just freeze. And that's exactly what's happening right now. I freeze, only my lips start shivering a little and I stop breathing. I'm feeling really anxious right now. Then, all out of sudden, an angel appears in form of my college Sally. She was just walking by and seems to have noticed my scared facial expression. She walks towards me, takes Mitch's hands off my shoulders and says: "Would you please leave Giovanna and me alone? I gotta talk to her.", she says whilst looking at Mitch in a way that makes sure he understands it as "Fuck off". He touches my shoulders once again, then leaves. Sally closes the room and then pulls me into a hug. I now finally manage to breathe again. "Thanks.", I gasp whilst digging my fingernails into her back. She softly strokes over mine and says: "No problem. Unfortunately we've all made an experience like that with Mitch. Whenever a woman starts working here he touches her inappropriately. We have complained about it very often but as the son of the social media department's boss he can do whatever he wants to do. The only good thing is that it stops after a few weeks. I'm really sorry. And I'll talk to the others, I'm sure we can manage to always have someone close to you so he can't do anything." The thought of him doing that again or even worse things sends shivers down my spine. Everything about this jibe seemed to be perfect but now I've found the one thing that makes it imperfect. And it's a very bad detail about the job. But that Sally wants to talk to the others to help me makes it better. I thank her and keep hugging her, it just helps me so much. Suddenly it knocks on the door and Kai enters. "Hey, are you rea- Oh, hi Sally. Is everything okay?", he says, looking a little worried as he notices my still stiff body. Sally looks at me and I nod, telling her she can go now. She squeezes my hand one last time and then leaves the room. Kai comes closer and pulls me in a hug now. "What happened?", he asks in soft voice whilst gently ruffling through my hair. I start sobbing and crying now and Kai pulls me even closer. "Shhhh, I'm here.", he whispers before feathering some light kisses on my face. That in combination with his strong arms that are wrapped around me tightly and his scent slowly make me calm down. As I am calm enough to talk I explain: "Mitch came in and just started to massage my shoulder and I couldn't move because I'm still traumatised by my ex and it was horrible." and start crying again only seconds later. Kai pulls me a little closer, if that's even possible, and whispers: "I'm so sorry querida. This Mitch seems to be such an asshole. But I promise that I'll talk to someone so you don't have to see him anymore, okay? And the thing with your ex, whatever it is, nobody will ever do these things to you. I will protect you. For the rest of your life. If you want me to. And you can talk to me and tell me every thing if you want to. I'm there for you and I'll always be princesa." Those words make me feel very comfortable and loved and safe. I now manage to move a little and also wrap my arms around Kai, inhaling his scent deeply. He still ruffles through my hair and strokes over my back. "Thank you Kai. You're so wonderful.", I whisper after some minutes. He just smiles at me and kisses my face before saying: "Always princesa. As I said this morning, I really like you." I also manage to smile a little, then I ask: "Can I maybe stay with you tonight again?" Kai smiles bright, nods and answers: "Of course." I thank him again and we rest in our hug for a few more minutes before I finish the last little bit of the video and send it to my boss. Kai next takes my hand and together we walk to his car. Having arrived in his apartment we make some pasta and eat it before moving to the sofa. Kai pulls me close again and wraps a blanket around us. Then he kisses my forehead and asks: "I don't want to push you but... Could you maybe tell me about the things with your ex? If not it's okay but it really like to know what happened." I sigh, press my body closer against his and then answer: "Okay, I'll tell you."