Chapter Nine - Nervous

The last three weeks have been fantastic. Since Mitch was put into another division I can really relax at work and I have a lot of fun. I've been getting to know so many nice people and I just love living my creative dreams. And I get a lot of good feadback and that makes it even better. My boss even said that she can totally imagine employing me one day and that makes me really proud. And not only my internship is making me happy, Kai is too. He's really loving and cute and I just feel 100% comfortable with him. The way he looks at me, hugs me, touches me, kisses me and talks to, all that makes me feel loved and save. I really couldn't be happier. And today we're taking the next step: it's his first game for Chelsea and I'll support him from the tribune. Together with his family. I am really nervous but I'm also very happy to get to know them, especially his sister Lea. Whenever Kai talks about her his eyes glance. They are really close and she seems to be a wonderful person. His other family members too but she pretty much seems to be the world's best person and so I'm really happy to finally meet her.
Right now I'm getting ready for the stadium. I just took a shower and blow dried my hair, now I'm getting dressed. I put on my favourite underwear and some light blue jeans, then I put in the holy shirt. It's Kai's jersey, he gave it to me last week and I absolutely love it. It's holy for me because I still can't believe that the man whose name is on the back of it is my boyfriend. I'm so proud of him and I'm really happy to wear this shirt. I put it on and happily look at myself in the mirror. The blue suits me quite well, it makes my eyes shine a little more. I spontaneously decide to also put the blue into my makeup. I keep most of it rather neutral but I use a royal blue eyeliner. The colour and my shirt's colour match perfectly and so I'm really content with everything. I turn around a little so the name on the shirt is readable, then I take a mirror selfie which I send to Kai. His answer follows immediately, he replies: "Wooooooow, princesa, you look gorgeous 😍blue suits you so well! 🔥And I kinda like the name on your shirt😍is that your boyfriend's? 👀" I chuckle a little and text back: "Thanks❤️yeah, as far as I know that's my boyfriend's name😍" Only seconds later I get the next message: "Damn, your boyfriend must be so lucky😍" I smile and blush a little before answering: "Yeah, he really is lucky to be blessed with such a beautiful name😍" I really think Havertz is a beautiful name. And maybe it'll be mine one day as well. Would be too nice. My thoughts of marrying Kai get interrupted by him as he messages me: "*girlfriend. You mean such a beautiful girlfriend 💕ans yeah, I'm really blessed with you. Can't wait to see you after the game. I gotta leave now but I hope you appreciate the game and the time with my family. They're going to love you just as I do❤️" Those words make me so unbelievably happy. This man does. He always, ALWAYS manages to put a smile on my face and to make my heart beat faster. He's just so perfect.
"I will! Enjoy your debut, my love! Can't wait to celebrate after the game❤️", I answer, then I put my phone aside and take care of my hair. I straighten it and then braid the front part at both sides if my head. It's some cute hairdo that keeps my hair out of my face which is quite important to me.
As I'm done with everything I take my bag and wait for a few more minutes, then Paula calls me. She offered me to pick me up and I am really thankful for it. She is very kind and we're on our way to become good friends. Still we pass the first few minutes in silence, I just don't know what to talk about but then I remember something. "Paula? Have you met Kai's family during some national team games? And if yes how are they?",, I ask her nervously. She smiles at me and says: "Yes, I've met them. They're all very nice. I didn't talk much with his parents but I talked a lot with his siblings, they're awesome. Especially Lea, you're gonna be best friends, I'm sure about that." Those words are really calming me down. If Paula says that they're great I am sure they are. But I'm still really nervous because.... What I'd they don't like me? What if they think I'm not good enough for Kai? That'd be horrible, I don't know if I could live like that. But that everybody thinks they're nice makes it a lot easier for me.
The drive takes half an hour, then Paula parks the car. As I take my mask out of my bag she says: "No, I got a better one for you." She gets it out of her back and hands it to me. It's a medical mask in royal blue, both the Chelsea logo and the number 29 are printed on it. It's fantastic and that's exactly what I tell Paula before thanking her. We put on our masks and then leave the car and enter the stadium.