Chapter 14 - The Solution And The Talk

"What? What are you talking about?", he answers totally confused. I deeply inhale, trying to stay calm, then explain: "They took pictures of us yesterday evening. In the restaurant. In some of them we're kissing. And now they wrote some articles. They somehow found out my name, where I'm from, what I am studying, where I'm studying and just everything. What should we do now, Kai? " Now he understands. "Fuck!", he gasps and after a few seconds he adds: "I'll come over now. Give me ten minutes, okay?" I agree and then try to concentrate on the wallpapers which of course is quite hard. After exactly 10 minutes the door opens and Kai enters the room. He comes over, gives me a kiss and then sits down with me. He grabs my hand softly squeezes it, then asks: "What do you want, baby girl? It depends on you. If you want to make it official we can do that, if not we can leave it. It's up to you. I want you to feel good with whatever we do." I think about it but it's so... I just can't process it correctly. I stand up, walk over to Kai and sit down on his lap. My boyfriend wraps his arms around me, pulls me close to his chest and feathers several soft kisses on my face. I snuggle up to him and deeply inhale his scent, then I answer: "I think it would be better to make it official through some post because they will be following and photographing us anyway. So let's post some pic. But let's not do that today, I first want to introduce you to my parents." Kai again kisses my face, then says: "Okay, I think that's a good plan. How about we call your family today and after the game on Sunday we take a picture which we post?" I agree and then just enjoy being held by him. For a few minutes we just cuddle, then he asks: "Did your boss talk to you yet? Because they might have a problem with it." "Yeah, without him I wouldn't even have seen it yet, he told me about it. For normal they would fire me but I told Sally about us and she told them that we already knew each other before I started working here and they seem to like the results of my work and so I'm allowed to stay. They just told me to not talk to the media, to not make our relationship my main topic on my social media and to not let it affect my work. And I am sure that I can live with those three rules. I'm so thankful that I don't have to decide between you and the job.", I answer and then kiss him. Our lips move in perfect sync and I feel a lot better.
Unfortunately we have to let go of each other only a short time later and since I'm busy all day the next time we meet is in the evening as I'm done with work and he's done with training.
We get in his car, drive to some restaurant where we've ordered food and pick it up, then we drive home. Or better to his apartment which already is my second home. I haven't even shown Kai my own apartment.
Having arrived there we sit down on the sofa. I eat my Asian noodles and Kai his sushi and we watch some "The Simpsons" episodes, laughing a lot. We both love this series, it gives us so many great childhood memories, especially the first few seasons. As we're done eating Kai pulls me on his lap again and wraps his arms around me tightly. I snuggle up to him very close and smile bright as he rests his head on mine. After some minutes he says: "Gigi?" "Hm?", I answer and he keeps going: "I love you." Immediately this special kind of warmth fills every cell of my body. I turn my head so I can look him in the gorgeous eyes, then I answer: "I love you too, Kai." whilst smiling bright. Kai also smiles and then connects our lips again. I return the kiss but separate our lips again immediately. "You taste fishy. Sorry but I really can't stand fish.", I explain as my boyfriend looks at me in a confused way. He nods and then reaches out for the couch table to get some gum. He chews it for a few minutes, then gets it out again and gives me another kiss. This time he tastes like mint and I can return the kiss and even use my tongue without being disgusted.
About half an hour later were sitting in front of my laptop. We're sitting very close to each other and his left arm is wrapped around me. "Ready?", I ask and as Kai nods nervously I call my family. After only a few seconds the picture appears and my heart beats faster. "Ola mãe, ola papai! Ola Matheus e Samanta!", I greet my parents, brother and his girlfriend in my language, then I switch to English so Kai can understand. "How're you all?", I ask, smiling bright. "We're fine. And now introduce us to Kai. I wanna know who makes my sister smile like that!", my brother says whilst smiling bright. Samanta, his girlfriend, also smiles bright but my parents only smile a litlle. I don't have the perfect relationship with them. They criticise me whatever I do, I am never enough and yeah... I started standing up against that and since then they've been pretty cold towards me. But my brother and I are really close and Samanta is like a sister to me.
Anyway, I do what my brother told me and say: "Well... This is Kai, my boyfriend. Kai, those are my mum Josy, my dad Diogenes, my brother Matheus and his girlfriend aka my bestie Samanta." "Hey.", Kai says, sounding and looking really shy and cute. I smile at him, squeeze his hand and then feather a light kiss on his lips. Then I look at the screen again. My parents still don't really show any emotion but my brother and Samanta smile bright. "You two are so cute together! But listen Kai, if you hurt her I'll beat your ass, get it?", Samanta says before laughing. Matheus and I join her, Kai joins a little later and a lot more quiet. He seems to believe that she really means it and well... She does mean it like that. She's the overprotective older sister I never had.
The call is a lot of fun, even my parents say something nice but they leave early and from that moment it's just total amusement. We talk and laugh a lot and as we say good bye in the late evening im 100% happy. Kai and I decide to go to bed where we cuddle. "I like your family. Your parents probably need some more time to get to know me better but your brother and Samanta are so nice. I can't wait to meet them in real life, would be too nice.", he says whilst his fingertips brush up and down my spine. I snuggle up to him and answer: "I am happy that you get along so well. My brother and Samanta are so important to me and I love you so much and a good relationship between y'all is really important to me." Kai smirks, kisses me and then says: "I love you too, princesa. And now we should really sleep, we gotta work tomorrow." I agree, connect our lips again and fall asleep on his chest only five minutes later.