Chapter Seven - Never Again

Whilst I talk Kai just holds me and softly strokes over my back. "So... When my ex and I came together I was 15 and he was 17. I had known him for a few years already and in the beginning our relationship he was really nice. The first eight months were nice. But then he changed, shortly after our first time. He didn't show me any love anymore. Instead he was telling me I was ugly and fat and whenever he saw me eat he was hitting me and pulling my hair until my sculp started bleeding. And when I didn't want to... To.... " The pain from back then overwhelmes me and I start crying and shivering again. Kai immediately comforts me by stroking over my head and back and kissing my face. "Shhhh, take your time princesa.", he whispers and that's exactly what I do. I deeply inhale his scent and slowly calm down again. Kai just makes me feel so safe and loved. With his arms around me I feel strong enough to keep talking. "When... When I didn't want to go to bed with him he... He forced me to do things I didn't want to do and he really traumatised me. I've been afraid of every kind of physical touch ever since. I didn't even hug my parents when I left Brazil. And then I met you. And you are different. You are the only one I let close to me. With you I just feel safe.", I say, getting more quiet towards the end. Kai seems to be shocked. He is quiet for a moment, then whispers: "I'm so sorry for the things that happened to you. Really, princesa. You didn't deserve that. You are the most wonderful human I've ever met. And I promise that you'll never have to endure something like that again. Never. I'll always protect you. And... Thanks for letting me hug and hold you. I really like you. And I'd do everything to make you happy. I don't want to overwhelm you now and really, you can take as much time as you need. But I really can't hold it back anymore. I... I've totally fallen in love with you. You're such a great, lovely, intelligent, sweet, gorgeous person and when I'm with you I feel complete." I need a moment to process his words, then I start smiling a little. I look Kai in the eyes and whisper: "Thank you so much for being there for me. With you I feel so safe and loved. You're... Perfect, Kai. And I don't need time to think about it. Kai, I want to be together with you. I wanna take it slow in the beginning but I really want to be with you." Then I get my courage together and connect our lips. Kai returns the kiss very gently, barely moving his lips, but exactly that makes it perfect. In this soft kiss there's so much love, more love than I've ever felt before. It feels totally right. Kai won't hurt me, he gives me love. Real love.
As we let go of each other after some time Kai's eyes sparkle. He puts his forehead against mine and then asks: "Do you really want to be my girlfriend?" which I answer to by nodding and then kissing him again. He returns the kiss and pulls me closer so that I can almost feel his heartbeat through his chest. I feel like I'm exploding right now. Kai just makes me so damn happy.
"What about some ice cream with hot raspberries and whipped cream?", he asks as we let go of each other. I nod happily, that's one of my favourite desserts. Hand in hand we walk into the kitchen. We put the raspberries into the microwave and some ice cream into the bowls. Then Kai starts whipping the cream and I just watch him do that. The way his arm flexes while he whips it just looks so damn good. Okay, everything about my boyfriend looks damn good. But his arms probably are my favourite parts of his body. The strong arms I feel so safe in. "Here you are.", Kai says whilst handing me my ice cream bowl. "Thanks querido.", I answer before pulling him in for another kiss.
We spend the rest of the evening snuggled up together on the sofa, watching some movies we still know from our childhood. As we finally lie in bed in the evening I put my head on my boyfriend's chest and exhale happily. Kai wraps his arms around me and strokes up and down my spine. "I love you Gigi. And I'm so happy to have you in my life.", he whispers, then feathers a kiss on my lips. I look him in the eyes again, totally getting lost in them, then answer: "I love you too, Kai. And that I got to know you was the best thing that has ever happened to me." before kissing him again.