Surrender: Teaser Chapter

Here is a teaser chapter of Angelique and Maya's story "Surrender". The story will mainly be told in the POV of Angelique. Give me a follow so you get updates on when "Surrender" will officially be posted 💙

Hope you like it!

- Zeri

~

People from our pack filed into the house pretty quickly, and although I was happy that our party was in full swing I was slightly overwhelmed by all of the people Maya and I had to greet.

I mean fuck. Some of the people that came I hadn't seen since I was a baby. It's a little awkward telling someone you don't remember them even though I was still shitting in a diaper when I last saw them...

Usually our birthday parties are never this big, but because we were turning 18 parts of our pack from as far as Colorado were here. There were definitely over 200 people squished into our back yard and yet neither Maya or me have found our mate.

"Ugh these heels were a mistake." Maya says plopping down into the lawn chair next to mine.

"You're telling me." I groan. "It's only 8 and I'm ready for bed." I chuckle.

Maya smiles and shakes her head at me and looks around the yard with a slight frown.

"You think this is everyone that's coming?" She asks sadly.

I sigh and shrug. "Probably." I mutter. "Danny didn't come by?" I ask her once I realize I hadn't seen him yet.

She turns to me and shakes her head. "No. I didn't think he would. We were both pretty torn up about the whole situation. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't show up."

I reach my hand over and take her hand in mine. "I'm sorry Maya."

She shrugs and gives me a lazy smile. "It's okay."

We both sit in a comfortable silence before one of our friends from school pulls Maya to the center of the yard to dance.

Instead of awkwardly sitting here I walk to the table where the drinks were being served. I was in the middle of pouring myself one when a sweet scent filled my nose that almost had me watering at the mouth.

They're here.

My eyes quickly scan the yard hoping to meet eyes with who I know for a fact is my mate. I could feel my wolf inside me going insane as I looked around. They finally stopped and settled at the other side of the yard.

My breath hitches in my throat at the sight when a familiar pair of electric blue eyes meet mine.

The boy smiles, but it falls almost instantly. We both had the same realization.

Danny was my mate. My sisters ex-boyfriend, who she thought was her mate, was actually mine.

"Oh for fuck sake"