4

‼️‼️**Possible triggers in the chapter in regards to forced sexual actions**‼️‼️

The last two weeks were a slow agonizing blur. The Monday after that weekend I received the email from my school that I completed all of my degree requirements, and I was graduation ready. Of course I was happy about this but my mind always flew back to my kit results. Today was Friday, move out day, and also the day I should be getting my results. I was too anxious and I was already done packing. I should've been heading home hours ago but I didn't want to go home with this weight. Luckily I had Jess here. She had decided to also wait for my results before leaving. She's been such a good friend to me these last four years I don't know what I'm gonna do without her when she moves back to Florida. I know we'll keep in touch but it won't be the same, I mean we lived together for four years and now we'll be states away.

Jess and I were sitting in the common area. It was about 4pm and we had been watching movies all day to keep my mind off the pending results. Then the phone rang.
I stared at it on the coffee table in front of me. "I'm not ready Jess" I say with a lump already forming in my throat.

She quickly picks up the phone and answers, putting it on speaker.

"Hello" she says and grabs my hand in hers.

"Hi is this Lilith Salinas?"

"Yes ma'am" she says and I mouth "thank you" to her. She squeezes my hand tighter giving me a reassuring smile.

"Hi dear this is Daniella with 24hr emergency care, and we received your results back. I'm just going to get to the point, you're results came back negative."

Negative?

"Negative!" Jess screams. I hear Daniella on the other line chuckle. "Yes honey you are just fine"

Tears immediately come to my eyes. Negative.

"Thank you ma'am!" Jess yells into the phone.

"No problem baby be safe out there." She says and hangs up the phone.

"Jess drops the phone and wraps her arms around my neck pulling me into a tight hug. I wrap my arms tightly around her. At this point both of us are crying from relief.

"Negative" I finally say out loud.

Please know that I have never been in this situation and do not know the standard procedures and time frame of results so this portion of the story is more than likely inaccurate

Please know that I have never been in this situation and do not know the standard procedures and time frame of results so this portion of the story is more than likely inaccurate.(please keep in mind it is a fictional story)

If you are ever in this situation or a similar situation please do not sit quiet. Always fight for your justice because you are not a victim you are a survivor ❤️

-Zeri