12

| chapter twelve | i will kill you

| chapter twelve |
i will kill you..
« i'm wasted on you »

Even after yesterday's events, Hyewon did not miss out on the party. The three demons and the uninvited vampire made their way into the house party. All heads turned to watch them and the gossip about them began.

What are they doing here?
They seriously creep me out.
Aren't they like antisocial or something?

The four were the life of the party– or maybe the death of it. They couldn't care less about what others said though, they were mere humans. Demons would rather die than do anything a pathetic human tells them to do.

"Take pictures, loves, they'll last longer," Hani gestured to everyone eyeing them with a discontent grin.

"Hell, I fucking hate humans," Hyewon muttered as they moved away from the center of attention and into the kitchen. All the drinks and snacks were there.

"You know what would be fun?" The vampire smirked wickedly. All three turned to him. "If we killed everyone here. The ladies can lure them into a room, and I suck their blood dry."

Yoon chuckled, "Definitely not happening. Good try though, it seems like a solid plan."

"Party pooper," Hyewon rolled her eyes.

"So, you like my idea, Hye," Jaemin nudged her playfully. "I thought you'd hate it since you got mad at me for beating that stupid angel yesterday."

"They definitely have something going on," Hani meddled with a taunting smirk painted on her lips as she took a sip from the red cup.

"Who? Hyewon and that angel? I don't believe it. My Hye knows way better than to fall for an angel, right?" Jaemin met her gaze.

She didn't know better.

Instead of answering, Hyewon downed the alcoholic beverage that was in her hand. They saw right through her action and changed the subject. Her temper wasn't the best so they never pushed her to say or do more. They had learned the hard way a couple of years ago.

. . .

One drink, two drinks, three, and a lot more, Hyewon had her head and upper body hunched over the kitchen island. She had drank her heart and anger away while her friends forgot about her and got lost elsewhere.

Getting up from the stool, Hyewon stumbled out of the kitchen and into the living room where the disco ball and music made her dizzy.

"Fuck, I hate everything," she grumbled in annoyance as she failed to find her way out.

"Hyewon, right?"

At the sound of her name, the demon looked back meeting a pair of unfamiliar eyes. She didn't want to talk to him or anyone. She just wanted to go home.

"Wrong person. I'm not who you're looking for," She slurred her words as she tried walking away. But the insistent boy managed to hold her arm before she walked any further.

"Are you trying to get home?" The boy dragged the non-existent conversation. "I can take you to Hani. She's upstairs." He pointed upward.
"But drink this first," he handed her a bottled water, "..it'll lessen your headache."

Reluctantly, Hyewon took the water bottle and drank it. Her throat had turned dry because of all the alcohol she had drank, and water was exactly what she needed. He held her arm, leading her upstairs but she refused.

"I can walk by myself," she pushed his hand away and stumbled up the spiral staircase.

No one was upstairs.

"Where did you say they were?" He pointed at a room, furthest down into the dimly lit hallway. Even while drunk, Hyewon knew something was off. His behavior was odd and there was definitely no way, that Hani, Yoon, or Jaemin were up there.

Hyewon looked back at him, his pretentious smirk made his intentions clear as day. She swallowed anxiously.

"Where's the bathroom?" She feigned obliviousness. He stepped closer to her.

"There's one in the same room. Just get in there, Yoon and Hani must be waiting," he urged.

"I think I'll just wait for them downstairs," she tried making her way down the staircase but he had blocked her from doing so.

He held her shoulders firmly preventing her from moving. The demon tried to break free but it seemed as if her usual strength and courage had withered from her body. She couldn't move a muscle.

Trauma. Everything. The memories from her past life came flooding back into her mind.

"I'm not gonna hurt you, Hyewon," the boy forced her into the room. "Just a few minutes of fun. What do you think?"

"I will kill you," Hyewon tried to sound as strong as she could. But her voice failed her and came out as a mere murmur.

"Mhm, whatever you say, now go to sleep," he placed her on the bed.

"The water– you spiked.."

gather your weapons, everybody ⛏🔨🔪🔫