36

| chapter thirty-six |i love you« for you, i have to risk it all »

i love you
« for you, i have to risk it all »

Of course, Renjun's embrace couldn't protect Hyewon from anything. It could have fooled her for a second. It could've made her believe that she had a chance at surviving, but even if she survived Satan, how could she ever survive God?

"What do we do?" Jaemin was the one to speak first. Panic took over his expression. The Mortualma and Satan were only 10 feet away. He looked at Hyewon searching her face for assurance that they weren't completely doomed. Hyewon pulled away from Renjun, she looked back and forth, between Jaemin and Renjun. For the first time in her life, Hyewon was speechless. Her usual fearless facade had no place on her face anymore. It was long gone, and so was the last bit of hope she had for survival.

"I'm so sorry for bringing you into this, Jaemin," Hyewon smiled sadly at him. She reached for his hand and held it tightly. "But also thank you for being here."

"Always." Jaemin looked at her with admiration in his eyes and smiled back at her. He tightened his grip around her hand and waited for the Mortualma and Satan to reach them.

Together, hand in hand, the three of them stood tall facing their fate. There was no point in running away anymore, Hyewon would not make it either way.

Renjun couldn't help but count down in his head. Slowly, he counted down from 10. Every single second made him more anxious. The trembling of his breathing and hands didn't go unnoticed by Hyewon. Even in their last moments together, she was still able to make out the slightest movements from him. She knew that he was just as scared as she was.

"Everything's okay," she whispered and looked into his beautiful brown eyes. "I love you."

5..He let out a deep breath.

4..He gently kissed her cheek.

3..She smiled at him.

2..His hand tightened around hers.

1..He closed his eyes.

The loud and eerie roar of the Mortualma shook the ground they stood on. Satan's angry growl also echoed throughout the place.

But that's all that happened. There was no fight. No pain. Not a single feeling, except for the one of fear in each of their stomachs.

"Thank goodness you're all okay," Yoon's voice brought the three out of their trances. "Why did you stop running?" He pulled them all into a hug.

They were all still extremely confused. But when they looked around with more attentiveness, they noticed the transparent wall that now separated them from Satan.

"How?"

"Archangel Lee." Renjun tensed up as he saw his superior before him. He might've been scared earlier, but now he was terrified.

The Archangel's furrowed eyebrows and frown showcased his disappointment. "I can not believe you took things this far, Huang Renjun. You were about to die! All of you were so close to death!"

Renjun felt a lump form in his throat. "But we didn't. We're fine. You came just in time to save us. A-And I will forever be thankful that you saved Hyewon."

Archangel Lee sighed, "I didn't save you, boy. I don't have that type of power."

"Then, that wall.."

"Our Deity. He knows everything," the Archangel spoke. "You all need to come with me."

we're so close to the end of this story

we're so close to the end of this story..finally
also we've reached 13k reads, so thankful <3