10

| chapter ten | cho hyewon

| chapter ten |
cho hyewon..
« i can't help but want you,
i know that i'll die without you »

One was hot-headed and prideful while the other was reluctant and controlled. The silent treatment between the angel and the demon continued for weeks. The only interaction they had was when they encountered each other in hallways or classrooms. Even then, they would simply glare into each other's eyes, waiting for one or the other to speak, however, nothing was ever said.

"Guys, we've been invited to a party," Hani exclaimed as she skipped through the double doors and onto the rooftop. "It is this Friday, so tomorrow." She squeezed herself in between Hyewon and Yoon.

"Sounds fun," Hyewon muttered, her voice lacking the enthusiasm it usually had. But the others paid no mind as they wouldn't get answers either way.

"Yeah, who invited us?" Yoon asked.

"He is our junior, but he fancies Hyewon so he practically begged me to bring her," she chuckled. "He's quite attractive, Hyewon, maybe you'll like him."

The girl sighed, "I don't think so. But if it's just for one night, I'm down. I need to get my mind off things." An angel, to be specific.

"Okay, then we're all going," Hani clasped her hands excitedly. "It's been a while since we've gotten drunk. I can't wait!"

. . .

Trudging mindlessly through the large corridors, the angel exhaled deeply. All day and night, his mind played her face and smile over and over again. He felt discontented and lost without her. He didn't need her but he wanted to have her by his side.

Renjun was snapped out of his train of thoughts as he accidentally bumped into someone. He looked up, meeting the eyes of a menacing-looking man. His eyes were dark red, and his entire aura was ominous; similar to a demon's.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't looking," He quickly apologized.

"I always knew angels existed but this is my first time seeing one," the man eyed the angel, from head to toe. His smile was sinister with fangs that poked through his top lip. "It's fascinating."

"You're a vampire?" Renjun stated in more of a question form. He knew various entities existed among humans but the facts never failed to shock him.

"That's right," The vampire stepped closer to him. "Why? Are you scared?" He was scared but he knew how to hide it well.

"No. I'm not afraid of you," The angel uttered out with confidence. He didn't know where such attitude came from but it was too late to take it back.

This struck a nerve in the vampire. His glare darkened and his smile resembled the one of a Cheshire cat.

"Wrong answer."

Before Renjun could even process the two words, his body made contact with the hard tiled floor. A pained groan slipped his lips.

"You should be afraid," he growled, kicking the angel's abdomen forcefully. "Because I can do this," the vampire kicked him again, "And this." He punched his face. "And you can't do anything back to me."

Kneeling down, the vampire vigorously gripped Renjun's face. Blood seeped from his lip and brow.

"I'll ask you again. Are you afraid of me?" He raised an eyebrow, anticipating his answer.

"No."

The vampire rolled his eyes, his wicked laugh echoing in the empty hallway. Renjun knew what he was getting himself into. And he was terrified, but he had a reason.

Reason being, Cho Hyewon.

He hoped she would save him, like she always did. He knew it was an absurd way of getting her attention, but he was an opportunist and he also missed her.

The vampire didn't seem to want to stop anytime soon. Still, the angel didn't move a finger. He let himself be manhandled and beaten. It hurt but he knew the pain wouldn't last long, he was an angel after all. All injuries and pain faded as fast as they came to his body.

"Hyewon," The angel mumbled the demon's name under his breath. He repeated it over and over again, as if calling her name would make her appear faster. "Cho Hyewon.."

i kinda really hate this part 🔪