06

| chapter six | this won't end well

| chapter six |
this won't end well..
« your lips, my lips
apocalypse »

Hanging out together became a daily thing for the two. Any chance that they got, they would meet at the library and spend their time there, together. They didn't even try to hide it.

Jeno had grown tired of warning his friend as he didn't listen to him either way. On the other hand, Yoon and Hani were oblivious and uninterested, or so they made it seem that way.

Renjun turned to look at Hyewon who's eyes were glued onto the pages of the book. A small smile tugged at the corners of his lips, his eyes filled with admiration.

"I know I'm hot but stop staring, you creep," the Demon teased without looking away from the book. The angel immediately turned away from her and flipped a page of his book.

It was Hyewon's turn to look at him. Her eyes gazed at him attentively, taking in every detail. From the delicacy of his skin to his well-defined jawline, there was no doubt that he was an angel. He was perfect, out and within.

Placing her book back on the shelf, she turned to him, took the book from his hand, and placed it away as well. She slipped her hand into his earning a confused look.

"Let's go somewhere," Hyewon smiled at him before making her way out of the library.

"But my classes aren't over yet," he muttered.

"What we're about to do is much more fun than sitting down through an English lecture that you don't even need," she told him, as they exited the large college gates.

. . .

"This place is beautiful." Renjun stared in awe at the large field before them. The green meadow captivated anyone's eye. Hyewon had found this place on one of her walks.

At the time, she had been feeling awfully overwhelmed about her past and present, she needed a break and this field gave her just that. She found the place to be healing, a very much needed feeling amidst her incessant rage.

Hyewon laid on the grass, she gestured to Renjun to do the same with a slight wave of her hand. He lay beside her closing his eyes and letting himself relax. The two let their worries flow away with the smooth evening breeze.

Hyewon turned her head to the side. A slight blush spreading on her face as she caught Renjun already staring back at her.

"Hi," he said, a guilty smile tugging on his lips. The demon chuckled, "Hey." They stayed like that for a while, staring into the depths of each other's eyes.

"I don't have the strength to stay away from you anymore," Hyewon broke the peaceful silence. Her eyes traveled from his eyes to his lips. Longing for them to be on hers.

"Then don't," Renjun told her, a small, assuring smile on his lips. The angel scooted closer to her. "Look, there's no space between us anymore."

Gosh, he is so innocent.

The demon laughed aloud once again. She seems to do that a lot when he was around. The melodious sound was like music to the angel's ears, he wanted to hear it over and over again.

"This is definitely not what I meant, but I'm not complaining," she smiled at him before looking back at the sky.

Renjun sat up, hovering his upper body over hers. Hyewon was caught off guard, regardless, she enjoyed the view of him on top of her with his collar bones and neck on full display.

"I would kiss you back," he muttered. Hyewon only furrowed her eyebrows, confused. "If I kissed you, would you kiss me back? You asked me that last week. So I'm giving you my answer; yes, I would kiss you back."

The demon could swear that her heart skipped a beat at that moment.

"Renjun–," Hyewon was robbed of any words. She could only stare back at him utterly flustered. It was when he started leaning in that she composed herself and stopped him. 

"Jun, we shouldn't," she whispered, although she wanted it just as much as him, maybe even more.

"This won't end well," he reminded himself of his friend's constant words. But the way she looked into his eyes was making it so hard for him to hold back any longer.

"Yeah, we definitely shouldn't," she managed out while his face was still only a few inches away from hers. His breath fanning against her skin sent shivers down her spine.

The tension was killing them both ever so slowly. They wanted nothing more than to love on each other but the constant reminder of sin stopped them from fulfilling their desires.

Their eyes flickered up and down, from each other's eyes to the lips. Hyewon looked at him longingly, and Renjun had the same glint in his eyes.

"Oh, fuck it," the demon gave in, she wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer, and smashing her lips against his.

Renjun, too, gave in to the enticing flavor of the demon's lips that he found himself longing for. He moved his lips against hers softly at first, and then gradually, pulling her even closer, he deepened the kiss and the feeling. He used one arm to prop himself up and the other rested at her hip. His fingers dug into her skin with a mind of their own.

It was wrong. They knew that well, but giving in to the merciless temptation was so easy.

Hyewon pulled away looking at his flushed face, searching for reassurance. The pads of her fingers brushed against his skin as her hands cupped his face tenderly. With swollen lips, Renjun smiled before leaning in once again.

Intoxicated, Hyewon parted her lips and let herself melt under his touch. Her fingers weaved into his dark locks of hair. Her heart swelled and her whole body tingled in ecstasy.

The pounding of their hearts against their chests only intensified as did the kiss. Deep and full of passion. There was no place for thought, only feeling and wanting.

The angel's purity had been tainted, yet amidst the sin, the demon's lips against his felt like perfection. It felt as if time had stopped and only they existed in the world. As if Renjun was never afraid of sinning and Hyewon never hated the idea of love.

And, as if they weren't forbidden to each other.

first kiss 🌚how are we feeling about it?

first kiss 🌚
how are we feeling about it?